Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Ashes Test - England v Australia - Edgbaston

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think the key is the fact that it could be easier to bat today and tomorrow, so we don't want the Aussies getting back in any time soon. We don't need runs quickly, we just need to make sure we don't give wickets away. There's a huge amount of time left in the game. If we get a lead of just 100 and then the Aussies bat for ages, we're going to look stupid.

I know what you're saying and I agree, but if you look at Root's strike rate he never just hangs around, if he's in he's scoring runs.

Stokes gone. Shit :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That Mitchell Johnson... what an incredible over.. he really is a talisman and a game-changer.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Root on a mission to get as many runs as he can before he runs out of partners.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That Mitchell Johnson... what an incredible over.. he really is a talisman and a game-changer.

The Bairstow one was a beauty, not much he could do. I think Stokes could have done better though.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I don't really understand why Moeen bats below Stokes and Butler (and maybe even Bairstow) in the batting order.

He has a pretty decent average and can bat time. Would rather have seen him coming out when Bairstow was dismissed than Stokes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You fancy him to bowl 2 or 3 more overs like that in this spell. If he does, he'll have hauled his team back into the game all by himself.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't know about day 5 tickets, but the way this is going, those with day 4 tickets might be disappointed at this rate.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know what you're saying and I agree, but if you look at Root's strike rate he never just hangs around, if he's in he's scoring runs.
Yep, understood. And given those two wickets, you're basically right now anyway, Root has to be the key.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
TMS through my headphones - CHECK
Now TV running in a web browser to flick to the action - CHECK
Last day at work tomorrow, very little to do - CHECK

I'm all set.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Joe Root 51* (49 balls, 8 fours, 1 six) :clap2:
51 in 49 balls in such a low scoring game is immense. That is the best way to play bowlers like Johnson: make the most of the crap a make as many runs as possible until he bowls something unplayable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here