Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you WILL miss about Withdean

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Following on from a comment in another thread about how they will miss the sunny games in May/August, is there anything else you will miss about Withdean?

This is not a thread for moaning about the place, we all know it's shit, but are there oddities about it that you will miss?

My starter, is watching a penalty being given to the opposition at the East end and counting how many seconds it takes for the away support in the Hove end to realise! Often it's been when the penalty taker is about to take the penalty :clap2: Almost takes the edge off the fact we've conceded.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Topping up the suntan whilst watching the game early and late season. I also enjoy watching the trees moving in the wind behind the South Stand on a nice day.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Watching the changing colour of the leaves as we approach Autumn is another soon to be lost delight. There have been times when this has been the only thing of interest in a game!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The train drivers occasionally sounding their horn as they go past. :)

Having said that, they may well do it as they drive past The Amex, although it will probably be less effective.

Also the nice Autumn/Spring days listening to the trees rustling behind us in the South stand.

The Seagulls doing bombing raids down the length of the South Stand!

Won't miss, the pesky wasps!

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
Although they dont happen anymore but highlights have to be the Withdean screamer and the fireworks from the trees!:thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Saying hello to various peoples on the way to the southstand and stopping for a chat.

Come Amex Im sure we will all be scattered round various parts of the ground.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Erm, hang on, there must be something, wait a mo ....

:tumbleweed:

Nope!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Feeling more like a hard core fan in the pissing rain while the north stand sits in their relative comfort under the roof

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In the first instance, Withdean was great because we were back in Brighton. That really meant a lot. I'll miss the pre match beers at the Station in Preston Park, I'll miss the comedy hospitality but will recall it fondly.

And I will fondly remember specific matches, that's for sure.

Mansfield, 6-0
Chesterfield - Cullip header, Champions
Reading, 3-1
Man Citeh

Wish I'd been there for the Swindon game.

Best goal - Zamora v Halifax.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
taking the piss out of you lot for having a shit ground.:(
Out of interest. What feels best? Having the shittest ground in the top flight by an absolute MILE, or the second or third best ground in division THREE?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The absolute ridiculous hilarity of 4,000 people sitting in the rain watching us get a drab 1-1 draw against a shit team on Boxing Day.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
well it hasn't been around for a while but im sure a lot of you remember the firework after every goal!

that used to be pretty cool :) apart from that not a lot :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here