Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you LIKE about Crystal Palace Football Club

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I like the fact that as a newbie in Brighton I went to watch this team who the media were raving about that sat atop the third division, were managed by Malcolm Allison and had winger called Peter Taylor who was receiving rave reviews. I came out of that game an Albion fan, what's not to like?

I might add Albion won 2-0 *gloryhunter*
It was an evening game and the crowd was about 33000 and wasn't segregated very well. No trouble I was aware of as the rivalry probably started to just simmer at that game.

It wasn't until Palace met Albion in the Cup under Terry Venables that things "kicked off". Mullers threw a small amount of money around I think...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It wasn't until Palace met Albion in the Cup under Terry Venables that things "kicked off". Mullers threw a small amount of money around I think...

Ah the game that famous Palace fan Ron Challis refereed?

Mullers was quite generous, i think he said you were nearly worth a fiver?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I like that it is in Croydon, which is the second worst town in the Southern half of England (after Luton) and consequently is a place that I never have any desire to go to (even though I live only 8-10 miles away).

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
[yt]ovYWY4Pf9_M[/yt]

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
There are a few comedians who like crystal palace, probably because it involves watching eleven clowns dance around like fools for ninety minutes... ha ha ha. (god that jokes old)

But in seriousness, my second cousins who lived a lot of their childhood in Croydon are Palace fans, they're nice guys in general, as are some Palace fans. But otherwise thats just about it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Alan+Lee.jpeg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
616P2tOywcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports