Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These friendly matches are bullshit

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
These friendly matches are bullshit becuase they are used as a cover up and calmer to the poor performances in Euro 2004.

Why is it everytime England play a friendly match they are always against rubbish teams and are always played at home?

Secondly Beckham scored so are we all now meant to forget about the penalty misses in Euro 2004 and think that Beckham is still the best player in the world.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought England loked good when they were going forward.

However, different story at the back. Lucky Ukraine were inept, cos England were inert. Acres of space for quality opposition to tuck the ball away.

Last edited:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I find friendlies pretty boring but I would have thought they are essential with a world cup qualification campaign coming up, wouldn't you?

Rubbish opponents? In the last 5 or so years (if my memory isn't shot to bits) we've played Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Holland, France, Portugal and I'm sure many more...are they rubbish?

I don't think the game was scripted, do you? Or don't you like to see England play pretty well and win?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
adrian29uk said:
These friendly matches are bullshit becuase they are used as a cover up and calmer to the poor performances in Euro 2004.

Try telling that to Shaun Wright-Phillips its the only chance the youngsters are supposed to get a chance to impressed. So they are essential not Bullshit.

Beckham was excellent last night as well, move on you clown

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: These friendly matches are bullshit

REDLAND said:
Try telling that to Shaun Wright-Phillips its the only chance the youngsters are supposed to get a chance to impressed. So they are essential not Bullshit.

Beckham was excellent last night as well, move on you clown

Quite right.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
I think we learnt a lot from last night. With Scholes retired, SW-P on the right with Becks in the middle is a good option. Would have been interesting to see Bridge play left midfield though.

Yes, yes it would. I thnik we can now make a team with natural width of both sides.

We all know that Cole and Bridge can play down the left and both are graet at getting at defences.

Seeing Bridge, Gerrard/Lamps, Bckham and Wright Phillips start against Austria would make me well happy. Unfortunately it'll be Lamps, Gerrard, Butt and Beckham by the looks of things.

Team looks so lopsided like that, every team in the world now knows how weak we are on the left and will exploit it to da extreme. Let's surprise 'em and play one of the left backs there. Both Bridge and Cole started off as wingers anyway.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
whos the Arsenal lad whos on loan to Norwich, plays currently in the under 21's, I reckon he should be pushed in the the main squad, when ever I've seen him play hes looked pretty tasty

Bentley thats the fella

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here