Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These 8000 extra seats

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Am I right in thinking that planning is due to go in later this year and if passed the work will be completed at the end of the season, ready for the 2012/13 season ?

Seems a bit quick to have all the work completed ? Or are the timescales different.

P.S - Is anyone able to give a breakdown of where the 8000 seats are going (i.e corners, east stand upper)

Just asking like :thumbsup:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
you are correct about it being completed before start of next season, but not sure when we are going to put in the planning application

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Really ???

So work to start in May and be completed by August....

That is bloody quick for what seems like a lot of work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do a search, there's plenty of info on this complete with some nice photoshop images.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Am I right in thinking that planning is due to go in later this year and if passed the work will be completed at the end of the season, ready for the 2012/13 season ?

Seems a bit quick to have all the work completed ? Or are the timescales different.

P.S - Is anyone able to give a breakdown of where the 8000 seats are going (i.e corners, east stand upper)

Just asking like :thumbsup:

As our ground like all constructed today is steel frame construction any adaptions for the east stand 2nd tier will be completed to a very short programme. Filling in the corners is just a matter of bolting down seats , 10 weeks would be ample time for the upgrade.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
As our ground like all constructed today is steel frame construction any adaptions for the east stand 2nd tier will be completed to a very short programme. Filling in the corners is just a matter of bolting down seats , 10 weeks would be ample time for the upgrade.

Cheers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Really ???

So work to start in May and be completed by August....

That is bloody quick for what seems like a lot of work.

Watching the seats going in on the webcam a few months ago shows it wont take too long.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The planning Dept. will take much much longer than the physical work. :timmy:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
"The planning and off site manufacture will be completed prior to work commencing in May, if that is the plan."

The Council planning Dept. works to it's own timetable. Unless you know different.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I know that the club have already made a provisional approach to ESCC about the provisional planning application from the transport side of things. I think that this may be the biggest stumbling block as adding approx a third more seats and therefore people to travel will really push the physical capability of the current infrastructure. My gut feeling is that it will require major changes to the railway infrastructure to help the mass transport of supporters and maybe further work on the A27 junction to get this through.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
"The planning and off site manufacture will be completed prior to work commencing in May, if that is the plan."

The Council planning Dept. works to it's own timetable. Unless you know different.

You are correct, the club will currently be dealing with local planning officers if work is programmed to commence in May.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The thing is though, if we got relegated to League 2 by some misfortune or whatever, we would look stupid... 10,000 people in a 30,500 seater...

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
How could we be relegated to League 2 or are you suggesting we will go down both this season and next?
That would be some achievement!

Not at all, I meant if we ever did, although it is unlikely, just saying that it wouldn't look good, and I'm sure the team down the road will be laughing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here