Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Therry Racon

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I remember listening to Dick Knight on the Albion Roar, saying how much he coveted Therry Racon. Now that Charlton have joined our league, what realistic chance do we have of signing him.

I would like to think we are about to get away from signing players that Dick Knight likes / rates / wants and start leaving it to the manager to choose, and the Chairman just goes out and tries to get the players the manager wants.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Why though? Dick was practically drooling when he spoke of him.

Why would Charlton let him go anyway?
He has been in thier first team in the championship and charlton are probably more likely to go up next season than we are anyway so I dont see why he would leave them with thier facilities for us..:)

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
he has been good for charlton who have a more realistic chance of getting promotion next season and at a bigger club than us while probably on better wages than we do

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Listening to Slade he seems to think he will have money and when we brought Davies the oldham chairman said we had money so there must be some available

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Listening to Slade he seems to think he will have money and when we brought Davies the oldham chairman said we had money so there must be some available

How on earth does the Oldham chairman know this?
OR ISNT HE ON EARTH? Dun dun DUNN!:dunce:

WithdeanTillIDie

Apr 14, 2009
We would need to fork out a lot of cash to get Racon but I think it would be worth it.

Two signings, say Racon and Dicker would be a lot better than 5 or 6 mediocre signings.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I Still think Bradley Johnson would be a better option in a diamond with Dicker sitting deep and johnson given a roaming role where he can shoot on sight as it were

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How on earth does the Oldham chairman know this?
OR ISNT HE ON EARTH? Dun dun DUNN!:dunce:

how I am meant to know maybe he talked to DK during negotiations?!? Feel free to go back to the interviews at the time we signed Davies and check for yourself though

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do we have deep pockets? I am positive that we could NOT offer anything in the same region as Charlton, although they seem to be up shit creek at the moment, financially. Odd as they have a very rich backer - Richard Murray? There must be some players out there that would make a massive difference.

What is our scouting network like? Solely Dean White and Barry Lloyd?

WithdeanTillIDie

Apr 14, 2009
I Still think Bradley Johnson would be a better option in a diamond with Dicker sitting deep and johnson given a roaming role where he can shoot on sight as it were

Bradley Johnson should not be classed in the same bracket as Racon.

Good shot on him but very lazy in possession.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Maybe lazy in possesion in your opinion he may be different under slade thou but his shots make up for it anyway he really has a rocket on his boot

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As much as i would like to, i cant see it happening. Why would he leave Charlton, and doubt they would want him to go as he has been playing reguarly so would probably need a big fee even if he would come here. I think theres other players who we can get, such as Dicker and Bangura, who both are good players, perhaps not quite at Racons level but still decent signings. Keep saying it, but i feel we need a winger(s) just as much as we do another central midfielder.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
As much as i would like to, i cant see it happening. Why would he leave Charlton, and doubt they would want him to go as he has been playing reguarly so would probably need a big fee even if he would come here. I think theres other players who we can get, such as Dicker and Bangura, who both are good players, perhaps not quite at Racons level but still decent signings. Keep saying it, but i feel we need a winger(s) just as much as we do another central midfielder.

I Kind of agree but Bangura & Dicker in the same team?
Dont get me wrong Bangura is good but I dont see how that midfield would work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here