Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's only 1 of us singing, 2 of us singing...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
...there's only 3 of us singing!

Just wanted to take my hat off to the boys at the back of H Block in the WSU last night who sang and sang, and in the face of some pretty determined tight lipped behaviour around them. Brilliant stuff.

Really good natured banter as well - especially enjoyed the trip down memory lane with Wardy Wonderland.

Keep it up and don't let the bastards get you down.

"We've got a big Pole in our goal!"

Yours

Johnny Crumplin Football Genius.

PS, Pogue Mahone and I can report that we actually heard someone tell you to "shut up." Couldn't believe our ears. So, onwards and... ADAM EL ABD! De der de de de!....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, I sit about 4 rows below them and they were on top form last night, very funny. Me and the people I sit with join in the singing, but all of the 4 rows in front of us are complete zombies, never ever ever chant.

As the unofficial NSC spokesman for the noisy boys at the back of H block in the WSU... Thank you! :thumbsup:

We go to the football to enjoy ourselves and can't stand the lack of atmosphere if the team are having a poor game on the pitch.

Having personally been part of that noisy little group since the Gillingham days (the rest go back at least double that), if we had only sung when Brighton were doing well and were (near the) top of the league then going to football wouldn't have been half as much fun over the years...

Last night we had a giggle, made some noise and enjoyed ourselves. So much so that after the game a couple of fans from G block came over to thank us and even the stewards applauded us.

So we went home happy rather than trudging home moaning.
...Not sure what would happen to NSC if everyone did the same though! :lolol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I love the back of H Block. Always a pleasure, never a chore. And the guys at the back are one of the reasons that I love it there so much.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As the unofficial NSC spokesman for the noisy boys at the back of H block in the WSU... Thank you! :thumbsup:

We go to the football to enjoy ourselves and can't stand the lack of atmosphere if the team are having a poor game on the pitch.

Having personally been part of that noisy little group since the Gillingham days (the rest go back at least double that), if we had only sung when Brighton were doing well and were (near the) top of the league then going to football wouldn't have been half as much fun over the years...

Last night we had a giggle, made some noise and enjoyed ourselves. So much so that after the game a couple of fans from G block came over to thank us and even the stewards applauded us.

Keep it up! I am on the front row of WSU in front of you and it is great that you keep going. You sing all the songs at the right tempo too, especially the great escape (Which was then ruined by the North stand singing it 5 times as fast). RESPECT.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
I sit just in front too with my family (parents, three children, auntie and her daughter, my brother and his boy) and it's very funny most of the time. Good banter last night, loved the old tunes - Johnny Crumplin Football genius was a highlight.

You keep it up and others will (eventually) join us all. My eight year old loved all the new (old) songs and sang them in the car on the way home. My five year old just enjoys the swearing!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another thumbs up from the front row of WSU, a bit to your right.

[MENTION=357]afters[/MENTION] thought I was looking for [MENTION=3099]Lokki 7[/MENTION] but I was, as it happens, staring in your direction somewhat dreamily.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I sit just in front too with my family (parents, three children, auntie and her daughter, my brother and his boy) and it's very funny most of the time. Good banter last night, loved the old tunes - Johnny Crumplin Football genius was a highlight.

You keep it up and others will (eventually) join us all. My eight year old loved all the new (old) songs and sang them in the car on the way home. My five year old just enjoys the swearing!
Think I might be sitting right next to you lot wouldn't swap my seat for any other in the ground (row p) the atmos around us last night made it an enjoyable evening when the game was a bit disappointing

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I did like the very slow version of the great escape last night in aid of the older ones around us last night my son couldn't make the match last night so my mum of 77 was dragged along to her first ever game last night she really did appreciate the slower version thanks lads

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

Good on you. More of the same please.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

I think you guys are great, and generally improve my enjoyment of the game (especially on Tuesday night), but sometimes you are almost facist with your insistence on chanting, like if there's 3 seconds without chanting you take umbrage haha. I join in almost all the chants, but sometimes (only briefly) I just want to watch the game!

Keep it up though, you definitely make the atmosphere better!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

If nobody joins in next time why not start an H Block "dirty protest"? Wear only a blanket and smear exrement over the seats and walls. After 3 or 4 matches of this I'm sure everyone around you will join in with the singing.

Sitting about a third of the way up H block our little group seem to be the only ones that join in the singing. My missus has discussed moving to the North next season she is so disappointed with the lack of singing in our immediate vicinity this season. Keep it up chaps at the back, top work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here