Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's never a GOOD time to be an exile, but........

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
........ at this moment in time, I feel absolutely gutted to be living in Devon!

Financial restrictions mean that I seldom get to see the Albion play, maybe 2 or 3 times per season, which means I have no chance of seeing them play in the new stadium for at least the next 2 years. I'm sure many of you will say that I don't deserve a seat in the Amex, but I'm as passionate about this club as any other fan .... have been since 1983 when I used to follow the club home and away week after week. Unfortunately, circumstances which I couldn't avoid brought me to Devon, and I'm pretty much stuck here .... leaving the Albion behind was, and still is my biggest regret to this day.

Now, seeing the pictures of the new stadium, and reading along with all the excitement and build up to the new season in the Championship, I feel as excited about it all as everyone else does, but totally on the outside looking in. Talk about sticking with the club through thick and thin, even from an exile's point of view, it's hard when times are bad.... but it's even harder when times are good!

I was just wondering how other exiles out there are coping with all the excitement buzzing around the club right now, but not being able to be a part of it?

:albion2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
........ at this moment in time, I feel absolutely gutted to be living in Devon!

Financial restrictions mean that I seldom get to see the Albion play, maybe 2 or 3 times per season, which means I have no chance of seeing them play in the new stadium for at least the next 2 years. I'm sure many of you will say that I don't deserve a seat in the Amex, but I'm as passionate about this club as any other fan .... have been since 1983 when I used to follow the club home and away week after week. Unfortunately, circumstances which I couldn't avoid brought me to Devon, and I'm pretty much stuck here .... leaving the Albion behind was, and still is my biggest regret to this day.

Now, seeing the pictures of the new stadium, and reading along with all the excitement and build up to the new season in the Championship, I feel as excited about it all as everyone else does, but totally on the outside looking in. Talk about sticking with the club through thick and thin, even from an exile's point of view, it's hard when times are bad.... but it's even harder when times are good!

I was just wondering how other exiles out there are coping with all the excitement buzzing around the club right now, but not being able to be a part of it?

Feel for you mate, really do. I am an exile and a JCB (Johnny come back) and live in London and have one of those golden tickets, but London is an easy ride down to our new oasis. I won't be able to get to all games this season, and if you are interested and can get there, let me know and I'll let you know if I'm not getting there. You can have my ticket.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
.... and another top man, thank you London Blue, I will keep it in mind! To be honest, I was a bit nervous about posting this as I thought I might get loads of stick, but am I glad I posted it now!! :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I feel your pain.

Back in the late 80s and 90s I rarely missed a game. But life changes and I moved away to follow career choices etc, and games became fewer and far between.
Now I have a young family, live 200 miles away and work every hour I can to provide for my kids. Its hard for us on the outside as the excitement and anticipation ramps up, but by hook or by crook I'm sure we'll all get to see the team run out at the AMEX one way or another at some point.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

This. It's not the ticket prices, it's the whole day out for me and Jnr. 2 Tickets, petrol, pies ( for jnr. not me I'm a fat bastard.) All on a pension, not a runner even if it would be possible to get tickets. :(

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I feel your pain.

Back in the late 80s and 90s I rarely missed a game. But life changes and I moved away to follow career choices etc, and games became fewer and far between.
Now I have a young family, live 200 miles away and work every hour I can to provide for my kids. Its hard for us on the outside as the excitement and anticipation ramps up, but by hook or by crook I'm sure we'll all get to see the team run out at the AMEX one way or another at some point.

Bry same thing applies... I don't want to see my seat empty this season when I can't make it.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

i could have written this word for word myself, the other aspect that i am pretty gutted with is the lack of loyalty points, despite following this club to all corners of England like Macclesfield on a Tuesday evening and Carlisle (yes even when i lived in Brighton) since i started supporting them in 1976, despite having a season ticket at Gillingham and only missing two games in the two years we were there, despite being a season ticket holder at Withdean for the first two years and sitting in the pissing rain, it seems i am worth a grand total of no points. I wouldn't have bought a season ticket anyway because of the distance involved but when it comes to an exciting game, i am now waiting with anyone who is looking to go to their first ever football match.

Oh well, C'est la vie, maybe Portugal will cheer me up.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Are you serious?? What a top man!! I will definitely take you up on that offer if you're serious, thank you! yay! :bowdown:
My father and I hav one each but he won't be able to make alot of the games because of work commitments so they will be plenty of games where I will be offering a ticket to friends etc, once the season kicks off we can sort it out no problem at all. I couldn't ge a ticket for the man city game and yorkie let me use her fellas season ticket. It's the right thing to do after all, we are all Brighton fans in it together. SEAGULLS!!!

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm sure there will be some kind of 'ticket exchange' when us season ticket holders can't make that are willing to pass them on ... depends on the ticketing system I guess, but I would be more than willing to give my ticket up to a non STH whenever I can't make it.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm another exile whose got a season ticket but won't be using it for all games. The cost of the ticket is dwarfed by the travel costs of getting down to each game.

This thread underlines the need for the club to come forward with a fair and effective ticket exchange.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bry same thing applies... I don't want to see my seat empty this season when I can't make it.

That's very generous of you LondonBlue. Thank you :bowdown: :bowdown:

I had a similar offer from another poster the other night, and all I can say is what a fantastic bunch of supporters we have. It's actually quite moving, seriously, it is.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ps - first refusal to our friend in Exmouth, naturally, as he raised this subject.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've already handed my ticket over to someone for the Leeds game as I will be abroad... I also won't be able to do midweek games except Sept 27th which is a must ... and due to work I won't be able to do all Saturdays due to flexi working ... if you guys want to just make a note of who I am I will let you know first when my ticket is available.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
May have a spare ticket for either this Saturday and or Gillingham if one of you would like it.

If you do let me know and I can tell you if its available by tomorrow evening.

North Stand.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
all I can say is what a fantastic bunch of supporters we have. It's actually quite moving, seriously, it is.

Totally agree with this. Seriously, these offers have brought a lump to my throat, and in response, all I can say right now is that there is a possibility I will be in Sussex sometime in either October or January, so I'll have to inspect the fixture list and see who's playing, and see if we can work something out, but totally understand if it's not possible. Again, thanks very much fellas!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I know how you feel fella. I live in Saaaafend on sea, about 5 mins walk to bloody Roots hall. And I know it's not a huge distance away from Brighton but like the o.p, i have financial constraints and my wife and I adopted 2 small children. so I'll be lucky to see 4 or 5 games this season. Even though I follow all the news online, I sometimes feel a million miles away from the club I love.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
I'm another exile whose got a season ticket but won't be using it for all games. The cost of the ticket is dwarfed by the travel costs of getting down to each game.

This thread underlines the need for the club to come forward with a fair and effective ticket exchange.

Without this we might end up with a sold-out, half-empty stadium, seeing how many other posters there are just on this thread who can't make it to all games (I also won't be able to get to all the games...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here