Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There's a fox in me garden, what am I gonna do

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well not actually in the garden, but a family of foxes have decided to make their den just the other side of the wall at the end of the garden and they're driving our dog nuts, who in turn is driving us and all the neighbours nuts with her incessant barking at them!

Anyone know how long it is before fox cubs bugger off from the den, or am I going to have to shoot the bastards :rant:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Trust me on this.

You have to pee all over your garden ( it has to be a bloke's pee).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've had a family of them living under my summer house for years, and I love seeing tthem, but then I don't have a dog. I don't feed them, they look quite scrawny some of the year, but when there are 3 or 4 cubs running round the garden on a summers evening, it's a woinderful sight. They are one reason, though, why my cats aren't let outside.

I think you can call someone, not sure who does it, to come and humanely remove them to the country, but I would guess it costs something.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think you can call someone, not sure who does it, to come and humanely remove them to the country, but I would guess it costs something.

And as if by magic, an advert appears at the top of the page for "Fox-A-Gon".

Might have to give them a call as it's becoming a real problem with the dog. Thing is she is a small dog (jack russell cross) and she goes out into the garden whenever she wants through the cat flap, and just sits whinning at the kitchen door if we keep it shut. She's also become very disobedient since they've arrived refusing to come in when we call her - she always used to come in just with a whistle. She somehow got out the other day as well and it took my step-daughter nearly 3 hours to get her away from the den as its hidden in some fairly overgrown bushes and she just refuses to come out.

I've had a family of them living under my summer house for years, and I love seeing tthem, but then I don't have a dog. I don't feed them, they look quite scrawny some of the year, but when there are 3 or 4 cubs running round the garden on a summers evening, it's a woinderful sight. They are one reason, though, why my cats aren't let outside.

Er.... they don't eat cats. Cat food, maybe, but not cats. Cats will even hang out with foxes, probably talking about humans and stuff.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
And as if by magic, an advert appears at the top of the page for "Fox-A-Gon".

Might have to give them a call as it's becoming a real problem with the dog. Thing is she is a small dog (jack russell cross) and she goes out into the garden whenever she wants through the cat flap, and just sits whinning at the kitchen door if we keep it shut. She's also become very disobedient since they've arrived refusing to come in when we call her - she always used to come in just with a whistle. She somehow got out the other day as well and it took my step-daughter nearly 3 hours to get her away from the den as its hidden in some fairly overgrown bushes and she just refuses to come out.

Did you know that Vicente is one of greatest players ever to have donned an Albion shirt? Ever.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Er.... they don't eat cats. Cat food, maybe, but not cats. Cats will even hang out with foxes, probably talking about humans and stuff.

I never said they did - though we did have one cat killed by foxes when I was growing up. But they do potentially carry diseases. They are only one, lesser reason why my cats don't go out, but a considereation for me nonetheess

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
You will need to do something soon. they are noisy buggers at night. Got a den next door. Beautiful site though when they do venture into the garden. They seem to have an understanding with the cat. (Who is far more vicious anyway)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Most foxes will stay clear of cats.

Cats are vicious little bastards that could quite easily claw an eye out, better to steer clear.

My girlfriends parents have a den in their back garden, I don't know what it is with their garden, last year a cat had 3 kittens there and then left so they took the kittens in and now a fox den has appeared!!!!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Kidnap one of the cubs, so they know who's boss, whilst raising it as your own, giving the natural parents weekend access to allow the little bugger to keep some foxiness to it. The jack russell can act as an older brother to the cub, learning to accept other creatures and cut out the yapping. If the cub gets out of line or the fox family move away unable to stare at their young brought up in the arms of a fiendish abductor, then just slay and skin it and make the wife a delightful scarf for the winter. You could also use the cub as a weapon in the local farming community to get yourself some cheap eggs and rabbity meals in exchange for you not interbreeding this sly beast and combining the most dangerous parts of fox and adder - the fadder - or fox and hawk - the fawk - or fox and bull - the fullock, in your lab.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kidnap one of the cubs, so they know who's boss, whilst raising it as your own, giving the natural parents weekend access to allow the little bugger to keep some foxiness to it. The jack russell can act as an older brother to the cub, learning to accept other creatures and cut out the yapping. If the cub gets out of line or the fox family move away unable to stare at their young brought up in the arms of a fiendish abductor, then just slay and skin it and make the wife a delightful scarf for the winter. You could also use the cub as a weapon in the local farming community to get yourself some cheap eggs and rabbity meals in exchange for you not interbreeding this sly beast and combining the most dangerous parts of fox and adder - the fadder - or fox and hawk - the fawk - or fox and bull - the fullock, in your lab.

You might just have something there MB

Blue Goon

Sep 2, 2011
I find napalm always works well. Might be best to ask the neighbors first as you don't want to pss them off

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Glacier Mints

Give them names: Danns, Wellens, Lineker etc. or get a New Manager

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I'm so glad that, for the sake of the children, you wisely chose to omit any mention of the fox and duck. Well played Sir !

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the Dens quite big, what end is your garden?

imagesCAPF5P94.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'll have some of whatever you're on please !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here