Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There is a rodent in my loft.....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I really hate rats, and I can hear it scratching about up there above my bed (for the last two nights).

I've put some poison out, but have any of you tried one of those ultrasonic rat deterrents? It'll need to be battery operated as there isn't a socket in the loft.

Any advice will be appreciated:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
domestic-cat.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There's a rat in my kitchen...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gonna fix that rat

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This calls for one man...Tommy Saxondale.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Could be a pigeon.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Could Terry Nutkins do a job?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Check it out!

Could be some of those Al Qaeda terrorists.

Or Sweaties...................arghhhhh.................

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
most likely a squirrel, we had them in the loft when I was a nipper, bloody noisy and don't half cause a LOT of damage. need to find where they are getting in and block it asap.

they are worse than rats in my experience. Word to the wise though, make sure they are all out before you block the hole. We missed one, and the thing went ape-sh*t trying to get out and did a lot of damage!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I've got a kitten, if that helps??

...whose first instinct on seeing a rat would probably be to play with it...result, one knackered kitten.

Probably better to borrow the cat further up the thread, it looks about 1 part feline, 9 parts satan...should do the job nicely!

Lush

Mods' Pet
they are worse than rats in my experience. Word to the wise though, make sure they are all out before you block the hole. We missed one, and the thing went ape-sh*t trying to get out and did a lot of damage!

Another word to the wise(although it shouldn't be a problem this time of year - I think) but if you block up the hole while the adults are out foraging (mid-morning usually) and they've left babies behind in the nest they've made out of your roof insulation, they will literally TEAR YOUR ROOF OFF trying to get back in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here