Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There are some right brainless twerps around here.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
no names mentioned but I am fecking astonished at the table-thumping attitude by some of the people on here.

I work in finance with venture Capital finance, rescue packages and the immediate after-effects of administration once the decision has been taken to go that way. We also help with companies that are coming out of administration, MBO's etc.

It is a question of plain maths. I do not see the board has been less than honest with what we need. I will say, and check the ask the club, that I fear the worse in my dark hours. I want to know more but there are some utterly invariable inevitabilities with running a business.

There is a short-fall of 2million quid over the last 7 years. We have to raise that by the end of the season to be able to have a structure for the next finacial year without taking losses forward, but also for the investment that will come with the new stadium. You assume as a business that the goals set will be reached and have the structure to be able to meet the demands that those goals will bring.

If you sit on your fat hairy arse saying Falmer will not happen or open you stupid vacous gob about Pende and other sites you have the luxury to do that. as a director Brighton and Hove albion football club you do not.

You take the option that the directors, acting in the best interest of the club, deem to be the most beneficial. Falmer for Us.

You then structure the immediate and future finances of the business to get you to that goal and then past that goal and the future.

We cannot do this with the debts that exist at the moment and those losses must be dealt with.

Players are assets and therefore they will be sold to the highest bidder to enable the club to survive. Some companies need to purchase machines that will do the jobs of thirty people and at twice the speed.which will sometimes cost amounts of money far greater than their own net worth. It can be dome and is done. Lending rationales are part of banks and finace institutions criteria.

We are in the same boat. No prospective lender or investor will want to put money into the Falmer development when we go to talk to them about it 6 months 1 year before hand when we are 2 million quid in debt and owe the Inland revenue nearly half a million squid.

Oohhhhh we should say I know that we are potless and incapable of restructuring our finances but we have a very good centre-half.

Not the f***ing point and for one am glad that we have a chairman and a board with the bollocks to lance theboil. We cannot carry on like this. I cannot think of another chairman who has taken on a club in the state we were in in 1996-7. No-one.

He has and has got us to where we are now. If you believe that playing in the championship is more important than the long-term future of the club that is your perogative. But I would not want you anywhere near the board of my beloved Albion. That is my perogative. I think Perseus is a bored little nobody revelling in the attantion he has got. that is his perogative and mine to think he is a twit.

With my professional head I think DK and co are doing this the right way but more importantly the only way. sort out the legacy of debt once we have somehwere that the cash burn can last for a period of time. within that period of time get the new application sorted.

To help survive nuture the youth-system and flog what you can for waht you can get. Keep the business afloat anyway you can until you can get the right site, the right finances and the right investors who see you as a long-term investment, a VIABLE COMMERCIAL INVESTMENT, rather than a couple of quid because they're your local team.

Doing things right very rarely meant getting them done quickly. lance the boil. It will be painful but it will clean the wound once and for all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For goodness sake

Why do people have to come on here being sensible and uncontraversial.

I don't know......next you will be saying Dan Harding is a very good young full back...tsk tsk:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I won't get one reply from those who it was aimed at though. Still, shutting them up is equally welcome.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh dear Diggers, this won't do at all, you're being rational and analytical. However you may as well have saved your fingers, there is a depressingly large minority who either cannot or will not 'wake up and smell the coffee'. I even read a post on here from one particularly ignorant cretin who actually wanted us to go into Administration as it meant "we'd get a board in with money".

Don't you know it's far better to finish fourth from bottom and go bust in the summer than sell players who would otherwise leave on frees?

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
Digweeds Trousers said:
no names mentioned but I am fecking astonished at the table-thumping attitude by some of the people on here.

I work in finance with venture Capital finance, rescue packages and the immediate after-effects of administration once the decision has been taken to go that way. We also help with companies that are coming out of administration, MBO's etc.

It is a question of plain maths. I do not see the board has been less than honest with what we need. I will say, and check the ask the club, that I fear the worse in my dark hours. I want to know more but there are some utterly invariable inevitabilities with running a business.

There is a short-fall of 2million quid over the last 7 years. We have to raise that by the end of the season to be able to have a structure for the next finacial year without taking losses forward, but also for the investment that will come with the new stadium. You assume as a business that the goals set will be reached and have the structure to be able to meet the demands that those goals will bring.

If you sit on your fat hairy arse saying Falmer will not happen or open you stupid vacous gob about Pende and other sites you have the luxury to do that. as a director Brighton and Hove albion football club you do not.

You take the option that the directors, acting in the best interest of the club, deem to be the most beneficial. Falmer for Us.

You then structure the immediate and future finances of the business to get you to that goal and then past that goal and the future.

We cannot do this with the debts that exist at the moment and those losses must be dealt with.

Players are assets and therefore they will be sold to the highest bidder to enable the club to survive. Some companies need to purchase machines that will do the jobs of thirty people and at twice the speed.which will sometimes cost amounts of money far greater than their own net worth. It can be dome and is done. Lending rationales are part of banks and finace institutions criteria.

We are in the same boat. No prospective lender or investor will want to put money into the Falmer development when we go to talk to them about it 6 months 1 year before hand when we are 2 million quid in debt and owe the Inland revenue nearly half a million squid.

Oohhhhh we should say I know that we are potless and incapable of restructuring our finances but we have a very good centre-half.

Not the f***ing point and for one am glad that we have a chairman and a board with the bollocks to lance theboil. We cannot carry on like this. I cannot think of another chairman who has taken on a club in the state we were in in 1996-7. No-one.

He has and has got us to where we are now. If you believe that playing in the championship is more important than the long-term future of the club that is your perogative. But I would not want you anywhere near the board of my beloved Albion. That is my perogative. I think Perseus is a bored little nobody revelling in the attantion he has got. that is his perogative and mine to think he is a twit.

With my professional head I think DK and co are doing this the right way but more importantly the only way. sort out the legacy of debt once we have somehwere that the cash burn can last for a period of time. within that period of time get the new application sorted.

To help survive nuture the youth-system and flog what you can for waht you can get. Keep the business afloat anyway you can until you can get the right site, the right finances and the right investors who see you as a long-term investment, a VIABLE COMMERCIAL INVESTMENT, rather than a couple of quid because they're your local team.

Doing things right very rarely meant getting them done quickly. lance the boil. It will be painful but it will clean the wound once and for all.
:clap2:

So in a nut shell...Directors run the club like a business (with limited resources) and try and leave the emotion to the fans...

Makes sense to me...if the Board can be trusted...and IMHO we have the best :bowdown: :bowdown:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I have found that posting with the administration idea on it. My God almighty. Is that individual employed? Can you imagine the brain-storming meetings with the staff.

'Ok chaps, as you know things have been tight over the last few mionths and we really need to think of some ways to get the company moving in the right direction. We also need to get some cash coming through the company......any ideas?

Yes our friend would say........pull the f***ing plug, go into administration and then see what happens.

well done.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
As a NSC reader who rarely posts i must say that your post is absolutely spot on Diggers m8. Having read the above and Ferrets column on the club webby today i finally see some sanity returning to words written about the Albion.

Grizz

Yoda

English & European
Digweeds Trousers said:

goodpost3vo.gif

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Cheers for that DT, much as noone wants to see our squad sold your post does put it in perspective. We all want to stay up this year, but there are certain realities that we have to deal with. Presumably we would still be having to find £2million even if we hadn't made it up via the playoffs last year.

I for one will be gutted if we have to start selling other players on top of Currie leaving. Of course there are many concerns about the future of players/manager/Falmer on everyones mind, you can't get away from that.

We do however need to look long term too, and sorting out debts in preparation for a Falmer 'yes' is necessary. If we can balance the books and get a positive decision on Falmer by the end of February (eternal optimism) things are going to look a hell of a lot rosier. Without the financial millstone of the planning process, maybe then we can start to call that cash the club makes its own again rather than it disappearing into a bottomless pit. The next three months are not going to be easy

In the meantime we can fret, complain and be miserable, or get behind the team and all the great campaigning that is going on at the moment. Look on the bright side, at least we're not at the bottom of the table on top of dealing with all this sh*t.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm a season ticket holder and often buy extra tickets for family and friends etc...

I don't know if I am a 'Yahoo' or not :jester:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here