Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The X-Files

jolsonhammond

Jul 28, 2005
Odense, Denmark
Anyone fond of this 'blast from the past'? I am a now a converted fan after being forced to 'give it a chance' by the missus - a long time obsessive.. That was last August - and this week we finally watched the last ever episode.

Sure, it's of it's time.. but this series truly redefined the science fiction genre.. Lost, 24, CSI.. they all came from The X-Files.

With the news of the second X-Files movie being made just wondering what the Albion fans opinion of this series was?

(For those who want to 'revisit' it, they are showing the entire series start to finish weekdays on Living at around 5pm - worth a watch!)

:thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I used to follow it avidly till season 6 then it all got silly.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
12_scully.jpg

:VeryNice:

jolsonhammond

Jul 28, 2005
Odense, Denmark
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
I used to like Alex Krycek

*pointless X-Files trivia*

Did you know the actor Nicholas Lea was in the season one episode 'Gender Bender' as a different character - he was speaking Russian on the phone to someone and they realised he'd be perfect as Krycek..

:)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
davidduchovny.jpg

:love: Well, a few years ago :love:

jolsonhammond

Jul 28, 2005
Odense, Denmark
Tunguska is a great episode... the best episode is Beyond the Sea with Brad Dourif as Boggs.. WHAT an actor :bowdown:

And what happens in the end is a date is set, December 2012, and CSM has his face blown off by a missile. And he's the only character in the whole thing that doesn't 'turn face' at the end.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
normaliwanttobelievesu5.jpg

I LOVED the X Files. Thought the movie was a bit crap, and it went downhill somewhat from my perspective once David Duchovny left, but for the first few series, it was brilliant.

:clap:

SCULLY: Oh my God, Mulder, it's smells like, I think it's bile.

MULDER: Is there any way I can get it off my fingers quickly without betraying my cool exterior?

:lolol:

jolsonhammond

Jul 28, 2005
Odense, Denmark
edna krabappel said:

SCULLY: Oh my God, Mulder, it's smells like, I think it's bile.

MULDER: Is there any way I can get it off my fingers quickly without betraying my cool exterior?

:lolol:

Tooms was scary.. that's from Squeeze..

Know far too much about X-Files.

Ps. I've got that poster :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was Eugene Tooms was the guy who came back to life every few years and could squeeze through very small gaps?

He lived in a cave somewhere with walls covered in bile, if I remember correctly?

jolsonhammond

Jul 28, 2005
Odense, Denmark
Indeed you do. He used to extract the liver and then go into 'hibernation' at 66 Exeter Street..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Much as I feel that I may be leaving myself open to accusations of geekery by openly discussing the X Files on an internet messageboard, you can't beat THIS particular TV offering, which seamlessly combined two of my favourite programmes into one

simpson3.jpg

Mulder: Look at this, Scully. There's been another unsubstantiated UFO sighting in the heartland of America. We've got to get there right away.

(He hands her a newspaper that reads "HUMAN BLIMP SEES FLYING SAUCER")

Scully: Well, gee, Mulder, there's also this shipment of drugs and illegal weapons coming ashore in New Jersey tonight.

Mulder: (indignant) I hardly think the FBI is concerned with matters like that!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well, for those that like it you will be pleased to know they are making another film as we speak.

jolsonhammond

Jul 28, 2005
Odense, Denmark
Nibble said:
Well, for those that like it you will be pleased to know they are making another film as we speak.

Frank Spotnitz is writing it, at least :cool:

Should be out around early 2008.. the good news is everyone is on-board.. none of this Doggett/Reyes shite.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I got the first series boxset cheap to see what it was like and found it rather hit and miss. The strech guy episode was really good but alot i thought were poor, so haven't bothered getting the second series

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here