Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Withdean pitch

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
Just been doing a fitness test at Withdean. The kids athletics club before hand were practising the discus, leaving considerable divots in the pitch in the corner nearest the changing rooms over an area of about 20metres squared. This took place right next to a 'keep off the pitch' sign and when they finished they didnt even attempt to replace the holes they had made on the pitch. Considering in the other half of the pitch we have these fancy machines that must cost a packet, doing 'something to the grass' as my informed mate pointed out. Surely an arrangement is in place with the athletics club preventing this kind of thing the night before a game?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
best they don't touch the divots they made anyway....they would only make them worse! I'm sure the Ground Staff will fix it first thing tomorrow and it'll go unnoticeable :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I await the DISASTROUS backpass that hits a divot on its way to Casper, letting in their striker for a 1 on 1 :angry:

(Just kidding. We'll get about 6 tomorrow anyway)

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Potters are you a ref then?

A ref mate of mine was doing his test this evening. He passed the run , but then did his hamstring in during the sprints.

So he failed the test, can't do it again, and is out of ref'ing for a few weeks due to his injury.

Hope he didn't dent the pitch when he fell over :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here