Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Who

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm Im NOT convinced that it is The Who its like Paul and Ringo saying they are "The Beatles". No you aint.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Research purposes? No one except Townshend will ever know the truth on that one.
Funny how the book he was "researching" has never been mentioned before or since , also I think the lyrics to 5.15 are now highly questionable when you think of it , especially after seeing the quadrophenia documentary on tv a couple of weeks ago , he explained that

"Girls of fifteen
Sexually knowing
The ushers are sniffing
Eau-de-cologning
The seats are seductive
Celibate sitting"

was all about a beatles concert in blackpool where lots of 15 year old girls wet themselves with excitement, how the seats smelt , and how they had to be sprayed with eau de cologne, a bit wrong to say the least in my book.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Funny how the book he was "researching" has never been mentioned before or since , also I think the lyrics to 5.15 are now highly questionable when you think of it , especially after seeing the quadrophenia documentary on tv a couple of weeks ago , he explained that

"Girls of fifteen
Sexually knowing
The ushers are sniffing
Eau-de-cologning
The seats are seductive
Celibate sitting"

was all about a beatles concert in blackpool where lots of 15 year old girls wet themselves with excitement, how the seats smelt , and how they had to be sprayed with eau de cologne, a bit wrong to say the least in my book.

Have to say that I have always thought those lyrics a bit weird.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It was double tracked/backed with vocals pre-recorded 'live' and then engineered to prevent what is now known as a 'mcartney moment'. Thats why you got that replay of the last song after the end of ceremony as the recording was replayed by mistake

What was the 'mcartney moment' ??
Been away for a few weeks and saw some news coverage but no detail, want happened?

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Quite agree, Daltrey was superb, really fantastic. Rescued a rather lacklustre show. Madness were almost as embarrassingly bad as McCartney. Started well enough, with Lennon and Imagine being shown on the big screen and that amazing 3D collage of Lennon's face, but the following acts were incredibly limp. At least the show ended on a high note with The Who. Townsend and Daltrey are true professionals who never fail to excel.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Mind you, you haven't really seen Daltrey sing until you've caught him about six foot away at Shoreham's Ropetackle :thumbsup:
He popped in earlier in the year when Simon Townsend had a gig, and did 3-4 songs including Pinball Wizard. Legend close up :banana:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here