Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The White 'Mcshane' shirt 18-10-05

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I have in my possesion each of the following shirts, one with the fixture embroided and the other with the fixture and the result. I seem to remember that it was a one off shirt due to the obvious colour clash with the Palace shirts. The one with the fixture and result I seem to remember the club selling these in the club shop to commemorate the result, I think I went down there and bought one but i'm not certain?
The one with only the fixture embroided, If I remember correctly, was one of two shirts issued to each mathday squad member, one they wore during the match, the other was handed back to the club who then invited fans to email in a lucky dip style way to get thier hands on them, which i was luckily succesful. I assume they must be quite rare, perhaps 17 or so? Can one of you guys confirm this is actually what happend please as I was in my mid 20's and most of life in this period is a blur. I wear the 1st shirt and keep the 2nd nicely wrapped up in it's original packet, tucked away in a drawer :smile:
Cheers

Attachments

• albion2.jpg
    albion2.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 174
  • albion1.jpg
    albion1.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 172

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nearly right.

The club had to purchase a minimum order for the match (without the score obviously), there were about a dozen or so spare which you are correct were purchased by fans if your name was drawn from the hat. These were sent out before the match and were not match worn, as those were auctioned off.

The one with the score was one of those produced after the match for fans to buy.

The one without the score is the most valuable out of the two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here