Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking Dead

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Excellent series! Where would you go in Brighton and hide or fortify if zombies were to happen?

Saturday night on west street isn't far from the walking dead, I'd feel safer with zombies walking around there.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Ever got the last train to Brighton on a Friday or Saturday (sober) and walked down to Churchill square..... Scary stuff.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Excellent series! Where would you go in Brighton and hide or fortify if zombies were to happen?

Saturday night on west street isn't far from the walking dead, I'd feel safer with zombies walking around there.

I's steal a big boat from Brighton marina shortly after robbing ASDA for my supplies :D

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Haven't watched much of the show, despite having the first series on Blu-Ray (I can't get over Andrew Lincoln's accent, but I'll give it another go soon). The comic, however, is imo the best use of the format since Art Spiegelman's Maus.

Edit: or since Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Whichever was more recent! :)

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I remember meeting a friend-of-a-friend at a stag do once, who was a tree surgeon and therefore kept a range of chainsaws at home. I should have really arranged some kind of zombie apocalypse survival plan with him, shouldn't I?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Found the second series very dull so gave it up.

Yes it did sag a little (i find most american series do) but it was worth the wait for the end.

I enjoyed the character development in series 2 but it did lack a little in zombie slaying.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If you don't like the TV show you should give the comics a try. Really good reads and the artwork is fantastic.

Generally both the comic and the TV show try to do something different with the zombie genre. Rather than churning out shabby gorefests like the Resident Evil films, The Walking Dead is more about society and how people would survive in that kind of world. It's much closer to Dawn of the Dead (original) than Dawn of the Dead (dodgy remake)

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
You sure? Looks like series 1 to me. Completely missed series 2, anyone know where I can watch it?

It's definitely season 2 starting on channel 5. They showed season 1 last year.

FX shows the seasons before channel 5 though however. If you get it. FX is also only about 4 days behind the US on showing episodes

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A bigger bunch of whiners and it's not my fault you could never meet.

I never suggested it WAS your fault we could never meet.

What?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here