Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The view through a perspex metal barrier tonight

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lucky enough to have a tour tonight, and spotted that in front of the corporate boxes their seats have barriers which have perspex in them. So took a picture through it to see what it would look like.

Definitely an improvement on the metal bar but they are going to have to work hard to keep them clean and scratchless I suspect.

Attachments

• perspex.JPG
    perspex.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 1,393

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still shit.

In fairness a camera taking a picture through perspex probably is worse than if you're actually looking through it BUT it still gives an unnatural and I would say "restricted" view.

I really hope all those effected are given seats elsewhere which are just as good as these should have been. Perspex is an improvement but don't think it's the complete answer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It seems to be, and the people would be watching the game from their seats in front of the box so the point of this thread is lost on me?!

The lower boxes are inside box with sliding glass door and the seats are outside the doors with no screening at all. I was in one the other night.

The upper boxes (Above 1901) look different though, per the pic below. I wonder if Giraffe is talking about what looks in the pic to be metal panels, but might just be light reflecting and are in fact perspex/glass.

Screen shot 2011-07-12 at 23.17.51.png

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Isn't that just the glass panel that separates the box from the seats?

I knew someone would post that and now I wished I'd stepped back and taken it from slightly further back so you could see.

Iys not the glass front of the box. It's outside at the top of the steps that go down. The Corp box seats are were behind me as I took the shot and the Corp box behind them.

So I suspect it's exactly the Perspex they will use on the other barriers. That's the point.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The lower boxes are inside box with sliding glass door and the seats are outside the doors with no screening at all. I was in one the other night.

The upper boxes (Above 1901) look different though, per the pic below. I wonder if Giraffe is talking about what looks in the pic to be metal panels, but might just be light reflecting and are in fact perspex/glass.

View attachment 26312

I wish I'd read this before my last post. Yes this shows the type of thing I meant.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I should add that the shot just posted by Bozza is not representative of how transparent the panels are, so you can clearly see through them as my original photo shows.

D

Deleted User X18H

Why have we got netting behind the goals?

All clubs with stands/seats behind the goal have this nowadays we've just forgotton , actually never known such a thing. It's to stop any poor sod getting one in the face during the warm up.

Don't worry yourself they USUALLY come down before kick off. If they forget I am quite sure someone might remind them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Giraffe. I think people above think your suggesting that the box seats have a restricted view, whereas you're actually just showing what looking through Perspex looks like, right?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
all this barrier and Perspex is common health and safety stuff stopping people falling on the corporates below isn't it?

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Had a tour of the West last night as part of one of the sponsors lounge, sat in the seat at the front a took this picture. A lot of money to miss a goal!

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 533

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
blimey

at least they won't be able to see Ernest in the kiddie stand opposite with that view

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Had a tour of the West last night as part of one of the sponsors lounge, sat in the seat at the front a took this picture. A lot of money to miss a goal!

It's one thing when you take a photo, as it's taken from a single viewpoint, but having tried these seats out on Monday, unless you've only got one eye, you the bars don't have that much effect anyway...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Giraffe. I think people above think your suggesting that the box seats have a restricted view, whereas you're actually just showing what looking through Perspex looks like, right?

Yep

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here