Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Very special" player

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
With 17 year old Dale Jennings flying at Tranmere, and our desire to find a good left sided player to replace KLL who can open up defences. (and our disappointment nobody signed)

Surely the very special Left sided Albion player right beneath our noses is worth a chance as at least an impact sub?

"The son of former England U18 captain Darren Caskey, Jake is a left footed midfielder with a penchant for taking on defenders.

He played twice for the England U16 team, making his debut in the Victory Shield win over Wales in October 2009. He also came off the bench, replacing Louis Hutton, in a 1-1 friendly draw with Belgium the following February.

At the beginning of the 2010-11 season, Jake captained the U17 team in their 5-0 Nordic Tournament dismissal of Finland, getting himself on the scoresheet just before the break.

Caskey rejected interest from Premier League clubs Arsenal and Aston Villa before signing with Brighton. After his England debut, Alan Hansen told the press that Caskey reminded him of a young Paul Scholes".
:ascarf:

caskey.jpg

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will need to be handled carefully and could make it. I remember Mullery saying Glen Geard would captain England at the time he was about the same age as Jake is. We shall just have to wait and see but as I say handled carefully could turn out to be gem. Poyet is just the man to bring him on.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Will need to be handled carefully and could make it. I remember Mullery saying Glen Geard would captain England at the time he was about the same age as Jake is. We shall just have to wait and see but as I say handled carefully could turn out to be gem. Poyet is just the man to bring him on.

I agree BG, I am genuinely excited about Jake from what I've seen, I trust Gus will know whats best, but he has stacks of ability and can run at and unlock defences.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah I know he's not a winger per se PalG, but he is a left footed midfielder, so it shouldn't be to hard for him to sit on the left of a 4 or the diamond?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Big chance for him to shine tomorrow
Will he feature?

Not sure he's made the bench since he's been back from international duty (or indeed at all this season). Not listed among the subs in the 'possible team' on the match preview page on OS.

Would love to see him in action again, but would think it unlikely.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
With 17 year old Dale Jennings flying at Tranmere, and our desire to find a good left sided player to replace KLL who can open up defences. (and our disappointment nobody signed)

Surely the very special Left sided Albion player right beneath our noses is worth a chance as at least an impact sub?

"The son of former England U18 captain Darren Caskey, Jake is a left footed midfielder with a penchant for taking on defenders.

He played twice for the England U16 team, making his debut in the Victory Shield win over Wales in October 2009. He also came off the bench, replacing Louis Hutton, in a 1-1 friendly draw with Belgium the following February.

At the beginning of the 2010-11 season, Jake captained the U17 team in their 5-0 Nordic Tournament dismissal of Finland, getting himself on the scoresheet just before the break.

Caskey rejected interest from Premier League clubs Arsenal and Aston Villa before signing with Brighton. After his England debut, Alan Hansen told the press that Caskey reminded him of a young Paul Scholes".
:ascarf:

caskey.jpg

Are you him or something?

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Since losing KLL we've lost that quick directness and ability to beat a man or two and open up defences. Caskey is going to be a good player but not that player.

Dale Jennings has already started to show at 17 he can destroy teams on his own and MUST be signed up asap before his performances continue to dazzle and his transfer fee spirals and championship clubs come looking at him.

The other winger setting this league on fire is chamberlain at soton but they won't sell and we can't afford. Someone else I was very impressed with was noone at Plymouth, gave painter a torrid time. Plymouth seem to be a selling club at the moment so a good option is Jennings is unavailable / out of reach already.

Come on bloom, speculate on one of these potentials to accumulate!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here