Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A legend film to say the least

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It's crap. It's only got cult status because it was banned. One of the worst films I've ever seen.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Saw a good interview with Warren Clarke - he was gutted cos he earned no royalties for YEARS after it was banned. Expect he's happire nowadays though.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
in MY OPINION some good films are the Shawshank Redemption, Usual Suspects, Schindlers List, Star Wars Episode IV and Soccer Dog to name but a few.

Last edited:

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
Soccer Dog!!
A young boy faces trouble from the soccer teammates in his new town until he befriends Lincoln, a dog on the run from the local dogcatcher. When a player gets injured, Lincoln steps in and quickly becomes the "Pele of Poochdom," inspiring other families to test their pets' sports expertise.

Have you reached puberty yet? It would explain why you don't get the legend that is stanley kubrick

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Roger Mellie said:
Soccer Dog!!
A young boy faces trouble from the soccer teammates in his new town until he befriends Lincoln, a dog on the run from the local dogcatcher. When a player gets injured, Lincoln steps in and quickly becomes the "Pele of Poochdom," inspiring other families to test their pets' sports expertise.

Have you reached puberty yet? It would explain why you don't get the legend that is stanley kubrick

Well you obviously haven't seen it if you rate this shite above it. It's a classic. Canine filmwork at its absolute best.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

i thought "Lassie Come Home" was first class but i did drop my choc ice in my lap which pissed my mum right off as i was wearing my brand new lilac safari suit at the time.......

one of my favourites is the kubrick film about the robot boy the name of which has eluded me for some time now.............anyone..??

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are you sure it was banned? I thought Kubrick withdrew it because of idiots who tried to copy the violence. I'm sure it was re-released after his death.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
sydney said:
banned from public viewing matey........:(

How long after it's release was this then? I saw it at the Odeon in 1971.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No it wasnt banned. Doug Deep is right. Kubrick did not allow it to be shown over here because some chavs of the time kicked a tramp to death over here and the natural reaction was 'oh its that film' ban it, burn it etc .

Mind you the novel was freely available and Anthony Burgess got himself drunk to finish it hence the 'futuristic words' he was writing whilst drunk.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
No it wasnt banned.

Well according to the BBFC website here they classified it X rated which means banned as far as I know. Also, it was shown as part of Channel 4's banned season. A bit pointless if it wasn't actually banned. Still not even worthy of shining Soccer Dog's boots.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When I first saw it, I thought it was very overrated and not a patch on the book.

In fact, Stanley Kubrick was VERY overrated in my opinion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i was under the the impression it was banned, then again they banned " life of brian" in worthing too...........does anyone know the name of the robot boy film, it's been annoying me all day........

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
sydney said:
i was under the the impression it was banned, then again they banned " life of brian" in worthing too...........does anyone know the name of the robot boy film, it's been annoying me all day........

AI: Artificial Intelligence.
Full Metal Jacket is one of his too. Now that was a good film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here