Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Two Ronnies

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Two Ronnies were and are comedy legends.

None of this Office/Extras shite that thinks it's "clever" comedy comes even close to some of the wordplay and manipulation of the English language that these two managed in so many of their classic sketches and songs in my personal opinion.

My particular favourites were always Ronnie Barker's "Spokesman" bits, including "British Rail", "Ministry Of Sex Equality" and of course the classic sketch where he played "The President of the Loyal Society For The Relief Of Sufferers From Pismonounciation, for people who cannot say their worms correctly, or who use the wrong worms entirely so that other people cannot underhand a bird they are spraying".

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Agreed.

The Office is brill - and I love this new wave in British Comedy but the really really really best sidesplitting stuff was pioneered by these guys. Much the same way I love Monty Python.

"The President of the Loyal Society For The Relief Of Sufferers From Pismonounciation, for people who cannot say their worms correctly, or who use the wrong worms entirely so that other people cannot underhand a bird they are spraying". Just class.

FORK HANDLES.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I really liked it as a kid but it kind of depresses me now. Not sure why.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Last edited:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
The two ronnies were excellent, as is a lot of comedy around today. Don't be such f***ing luddites.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Fork Handles IMO is the best ever sketch in history, what really makes it is the Timing from both Barker and the increasingly frustrated Corbett!

Any other comedians it wouldnt have worked!

Genius!!

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
sorry, that sounded a bit harsh in cold text

don't be such f***ing luddites:)

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Sorry to break into this sepia tinted nostalgia fest, but having spent most of the 1970s watching it when originally on, the whole programme was very hit and miss and by the time it reached the end of its run had become incredibly stale.

Barker was often very good, Corbett incredibly annoying and the bit when he told the funny story in chair was excruciatingly dull. The funniest thing I remember seeing on there was The Phantom Raspberry Blower of Old London but that was written by Spike Milligan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here