Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The two Jermaines

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How does everyone else think they played?

Defoe - I have never been the biggest fan of his and last night he didn't do anything to make me think he can be a force up front for England. His touch was poor and he gave the ball away a lot. The BBC pundits and commetary were raving about him, wishing that he'd got a goal, why? So he can get into the next squad on that basis? f*** that, the shot he had from the edge of the box should have worked the keeper a bit more and from what I saw that is all he did apart from diving to get Beckhams free kick towards the end. I'd like to see Carlton Cole get his way into the full side, I think he'd be much more of a handful for international defenders.

Jenas - the least said about his performance the better, he didn't seem interested and his touch and passing was awful, gifted the Ukranians possession too much in the short space of time that he was on the pitch and when he did manage to keep the ball he only ever seemed to want to go backwards. Surely he can't make the next squad after that?

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Jenas was very poor and as you say only found an England player when passing backwards.

Defoe did better as he had longer on the pitch. He had a couple of good chances, and only made the 'keeper work on one of them. Still better than Smith though.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Quite right. Wasn't impressed by either of them really. I'm not the biggest Defoe fan, so I may be slightly biased, but agree with MAX, I'd like to see Ameobi or Carlton Cole get a chance to impress.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh yeah, not to mention the sitter that Defoe missed, forgot about that due a BBC love in about him post match.

Got to say too that Linekar, Hansen and Shearer do not make the most enthralling post match round up now do they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here