Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The two French students who were murdered in London

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...I wonder if the French newspapers are lining up, Daily Express style, to criticise the operational abilities of the Metropolitan police, and suggesting French detectives should be brought in to investigate as Scotland Yard clearly don't have the skills or interest to do a proper job?

Or is it just British newspapers that consider the rest of the world inferior in such circumstances?

???

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The French are doing exactly as youve said from what ive heard. The Police obviously will take it seriously as youd expect, unlike the Portuguese Police with Madeline Mccan.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its a bit embarassing that something as horrible happens on our turf.. I feel ashamed to be British, er, English :ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But why would the Portuguese take a missing child any less seriously than Scotland Yard would a double murder?

My point is, elements of the British press jumped all over the local Policia in the Algarve, probably because they weren't giving them enough to write about in their rags.

Yet none of these media types are now questioning the integrity of the British police in similarly tragic circumstances, nor expressing the view that they might not take it entirely seriously.

Having glanced over Le Monde's front page (at least those bits that my basic French can translate), they don't seem to be questioning it either. One of the French tabloids is loosely questioning whether New Cross is a safe environ for French students, but they're not suggesting that the local plods won't bother to investigate the killings fully.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The cops arrested someone pretty quickly for it. Let's hope it's the right bloke.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My point is, elements of the British press jumped all over the local Policia in the Algarve, probably because they weren't giving them enough to write about in their rags.

thats exactly why, combined with an Anglo-Saxon prejudice to the more relaxed style of your average mediterranean. we all know the pace of live is different out there, why should the poilce be any different?

as for New Cross, well its hardly Kensington but neither is it Beirut. It stikes me they got themselves involved in somthing dodgy.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...or perhaps were just the unfortunate innocents in the wrong place at the wrong time when some psychotic crackhead decided he needed some money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here