Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] The Trials & Tribulations of the New Stagecoach 17 Timetable

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some of you l'll wager will already be aware of this, but my local bus route announced an "improved" timetable on 1st September.

Rather than having an easy to understand hourly timetable, Monday to Saturday daytime, from Brighton to Horsham and vice versa, Stagecoach have decided to over complicate things. The hourlt schedule bewtween the two towns still exists, but for much of the day, the Parttridge Green loop has been omitted.

There is also a newhourly service, also confusingly numbered 17, which originates in Brighton and runs just as far as Partridge Green, (and back of course).

The outcome of all this is that PG residents are up in arms, as although it's just as easy as it ever was to reach Brighton, there is next to no service at all northbound towards Horsham. Still with me? (not at all surprised if you aren't). I know of many locals in PG lobbying their MP in protest, unable to reach Horsham for shopping, doctor';s appointments etc.)

Makes no odds to me personally as the hourly service through Cowfold is being maintained, with the big advantage of services continuing into late evening, and now for the first time, an hourly service on Sundays too.

Oh and talk of new all electric buses on the route soon too!

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Makes me absolutely furious. My dad (registered blind) lives in Partridge Green and going to Horsham on the bus, to places he knew exactly how to navigate to, was basically his independence. It's disgusting.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Some of you l'll wager will already be aware of this, but my local bus route announced an "improved" timetable on 1st September.

Rather than having an easy to understand hourly timetable, Monday to Saturday daytime, from Brighton to Horsham and vice versa, Stagecoach have decided to over complicate things. The hourlt schedule bewtween the two towns still exists, but for much of the day, the Parttridge Green loop has been omitted.

There is also a newhourly service, also confusingly numbered 17, which originates in Brighton and runs just as far as Partridge Green, (and back of course).

The outcome of all this is that PG residents are up in arms, as although it's just as easy as it ever was to reach Brighton, there is next to no service at all northbound towards Horsham. Still with me? (not at all surprised if you aren't). I know of many locals in PG lobbying their MP in protest, unable to reach Horsham for shopping, doctor';s appointments etc.)

Makes no odds to me personally as the hourly service through Cowfold is being maintained, with the big advantage of services continuing into late evening, and now for the first time, an hourly service on Sundays too.

Oh and talk of new all electric buses on the route soon too!
You selfish PG folk, no thought to those in Littleworth who are also affected!

It's not as if there isn't a nice safe footpath from PG to the nearest bus stop on the A281....Oh.

I do feel a little affinity to PG as when I am working in the office I stop off on my way through to get fresh croissants from Bill the Baker in the Co-Op.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here