Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The title race

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously I'm not referring to league one here as there never really was a race. I'm actually looking at the Premiership, with Man Utd 6 points clear of both Chelsea and Arsenal. But the thing is, Man Utd have to play both London title contenders.

So can they be overhauled? For the first time ever, I am struggling to support Arsenal's quest against the other two. I am sick of seeing Wenger's moaning and generally poor attitude and lack of sportsmanship every time his team drop points. He is turning into a right nob.

Onto the title that counts, and of course we've won it. You'll be delighted to know that while we are talking about KLL, REMF, the cricket, poor quality nicknames and how much Gus ee loffs Breyton, on the Saints forum it's all about how they should approach their cup final. Bless. :lolol:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I went LARGE on Chelsea and Arsenal to win the league on Tuesday (after Man Utd's draw with NUFC).
Chelsea are currently 7/1 and Arsenal are 10/1 on Bet365 (Arsenal are 14/1 some places now).

Man Utd fixtures; Everton (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Blackburn (A), Blackpool (H)
Chelsea fixtures; West Ham (H), Tottenham (H), Man Utd (A), Newcastle (H), Everton (A)
Arsenal fixtures; Bolton (A), Man Utd (H), Stoke (A), Aston Villa (H), Fulham (A)

Obviously for either of them to stand a chance, they both have to beat Man Utd. But the key thing here is that Man Utd play Schalke in the Champions League once before the Arsenal game, and once between the Arsenal and Chelsea game. So that's Schalke (A), Arsenal (A), Schalke (H), Chelsea (H) in the space of 12 days. Where as Arsenal and Chelsea have a rest.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Arsenal 10/1 is VERY tempting.

All you need is Chelski and the Arse to both beat United, and then united to slip up at Blackburn and it's gonna be CLOSE.

YOU NEVER KNOW.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I went LARGE on Chelsea and Arsenal to win the league on Tuesday (after Man Utd's draw with NUFC).
Chelsea are currently 7/1 and Arsenal are 10/1 on Bet365 (Arsenal are 14/1 some places now).

Man Utd fixtures; Everton (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Blackburn (A), Blackpool (H)
Chelsea fixtures; West Ham (H), Tottenham (H), Man Utd (A), Newcastle (H), Everton (A)
Arsenal fixtures; Bolton (A), Man Utd (H), Stoke (A), Aston Villa (H), Fulham (A)

Obviously for either of them to stand a chance, they both have to beat Man Utd. But the key thing here is that Man Utd play Schalke in the Champions League once before the Arsenal game, and once between the Arsenal and Chelsea game. So that's Schalke (A), Arsenal (A), Schalke (H), Chelsea (H) in the space of 12 days. Where as Arsenal and Chelsea have a rest.

Still means Chelsea and Arsenal can't afford to drop any other points though. Arsenal's double capitulation in a few days means I have written them off. Chelsea are looking ominous though and if Torres does manage to locate his scoring boots then I think they may well stand a chance. Amazing considering what a poor run they went on not too long ago.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Arsenal have been 2-0 up at home to Spurs, 3-1 up away to Spurs. 4-0 up at Newcaste and still not won all 3 games. Add to that going 1-0 up in the 98th minute and still not winning, and some people think they have a chance of winning the league. I dont get it.

Chelsea have come from no where, they were miles behind not long ago, calls for Ancelotti to get sacked, and they find themselves in a decent position with loads of momentum.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
United have to lose 2, and drop points in another, while Chelsea or Arsenal have to win all their games. Can't see it myself one way or another.

Bookies aren't stupid, 10/1 is reflective of the fact Arsenal need Chelsea and United to slip up, and with away games at Bolton, Stoke and Fulham, I can't see Arsenal winning 2 games in a row let alone 5!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I think United's squad is strong enough and Ferguson shrewd enough to make sure they aren't too tired for the PL matches.

Arsenal fans must be going out of their minds with frustration over all their dropped points this season, they really should be at least level with United at the moment.

I really can't see anyone other than United winning the title.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd suggest it's all over, United haven't been great but they've been consistent. Arsenal are chokers and Chelsea are a bit geriatric.

Disclaimer, I actually know f*** all about the Premier League, don't have Sky and haven't seen more than 20 mins on tv of all three of the above teams combined this season

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
United won't throw it away. They can lose to Arsenal & Chelsea and still win the title. At the current rate, Arsenal won't be able to beat them, even at home, and United won't lose to Chelsea at OT. Also, I can imagine Arsenal dropping points at Stoke, at least, and Chelsea could lose points in the Spurs game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Arsenal have been 2-0 up at home to Spurs, 3-1 up away to Spurs. 4-0 up at Newcaste and still not won all 3 games. Add to that going 1-0 up in the 98th minute and still not winning, and some people think they have a chance of winning the league. I dont get it.

Chelsea have come from no where, they were miles behind not long ago, calls for Ancelotti to get sacked, and they find themselves in a decent position with loads of momentum.
Agree about Arsenal, they can bottle it from any situation.

I'm not sure anyone else has a chance though. If Man U lose to both Arsenal and Chelsea, they've still got Everton, Blackpool (at home) and Blackburn away which looks like 9 points to me, which would leave Arsenal or Chelsea needing to win EVERY game they've got left. Don't know if either of them are capable of that.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
United won't throw it away. They can lose to Arsenal & Chelsea and still win the title. At the current rate, Arsenal won't be able to beat them, even at home, and United won't lose to Chelsea at OT. Also, I can imagine Arsenal dropping points at Stoke, at least, and Chelsea could lose points in the Spurs game.
Why so certain utd wont lose to chelsea at old trafford? serious question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here