Votes: 14 19.2%
  • No - your right Spielberg, utter crap

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Tin Pot Trophy is it a complete and utter waste of everyones time and money ???

I have refused to go to the 2 home games at the Shitedean because for me this cup competition is pointless, utterly pointless, 64 or so very average/poor/utter shite teams playing for a £ 50 paint voucher and a trophy in the shape of a pot of paint.

At least the Sherpa Van trophy had a beefy and macho name. Can ANYONE name ANY of the finalists of this pointless exercise in the 10 years or so it has been going ?.

MK Dons by all accounts didn't turn up and Boston brought down 9 fans :lolol:

Its utter utter crap.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Don't get all upset about it ... if you don't want to watch the games you don't have to ... and if we happen to reach the final you don't have to come to Wembley/Cardiff.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can name Swansea who won it last year, and I seem to remember that, err.. someone else won the one before that.

For us this year, as it happens, it has been very useful, as the two games have come at a time when he have been building a bit of momentum and confidence with a string of good results.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In fairness, they have been two decent spectacles, but I feel the lower leagues clubs are being hung out to dry. I suspect that most/all teams lose money from this competition, unless they get to the final. Some clubs have extremely small first team squads and are still forced to field first team regulars instead of youth/reserves at the risk of injury.

On the plus side, it has given us a chance to put a decent run together and build confidence.

I just hope the final is at Wembley, should we reach it. Although I thoroughly expect the FA to say the stadium is not ready and then host the League Cup/FA Cup there - so they get their big game premiere! :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
last year round 3 of the cup straight away, no tin pot trophy, this year , tin pot against 2 4th division sides, 1st rounf of fa cup against non league side :rolleyes: ho hum

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
...but that's because we got relegated and are now a lower league side too.

We don't have a God-given right to play the big boys you know.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let's try this poll:

Assuming Albion get the Final of the Johnstone Paints trophy, what will Garth do:

a) Nothing. He thinks it's a shit competition, and as a man of principal, won't be wasting his cash on a trip to Cardiff or Wembley.
b) Within 3 days of our semi final victory, Garth will be on here WHINGING that as a season ticket holder he shouldn't have to be queuing up at the ticket office with all the part timers for his FINAL ticket, and that it is a disgrace that he couldn't have first DIBS on a decent seat near the half way line.

NSC decides... :clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will not go if we get to the Final, it will probably be on a Sunday and the Eastenders omnibus will be on won't it.

Uncle Spielberg said:
I will not go if we get to the Final, it will probably be on a Sunday and the Eastenders omnibus will be on won't it.
As someone who once went to Wembley because I got given a free ticket to an England Schoolboys international, I can't imagine not bothering to go and watch the Albion play there.

Even if it's Accrington Stanley.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Spielberg said:

So you wont go if it's at the new Wembley? Bollocks.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
Let's try this poll:

Assuming Albion get the Final of the Johnstone Paints trophy, what will Garth do:

a) Nothing. He thinks it's a shit competition, and as a man of principal, won't be wasting his cash on a trip to Cardiff or Wembley.
b) Within 3 days of our semi final victory, Garth will be on here WHINGING that as a season ticket holder he shouldn't have to be queuing up at the ticket office with all the part timers for his FINAL ticket, and that it is a disgrace that he couldn't have first DIBS on a decent seat near the half way line.

Maybe the ticket office will be at Beachy Head if we get to the final, just for Garth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My enthusiasm was non existent for the 1st game, a bit better for the 2nd and I'm sure we'll get a good crowd IF we get to the final and most die hards will be going. You're gonna miss a good day out to watch Eastenders Gareth? Get a grip man :shootself

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simster said:
Let's try this poll:

Go on - set this poll up!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Uncle Spielberg said:
The Tin Pot Trophy is it a complete and utter waste of everyones time and money ???

I have refused to go to the 2 home games at the Shitedean because for me this cup competition is pointless, utterly pointless, 64 or so very average/poor/utter shite teams playing for a £ 50 paint voucher and a trophy in the shape of a pot of paint.

At least the Sherpa Van trophy had a beefy and macho name. Can ANYONE name ANY of the finalists of this pointless exercise in the 10 years or so it has been going ?.

MK Dons by all accounts didn't turn up and Boston brought down 9 fans :lolol:

Its utter utter crap.

what was that song by the Black Eyed Peas....oh that's right 'Shut up just shut up'

you really are quite tiresome

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Re: Re: The Tin Pot Trophy

supaseagull said:
what was that song by the Black Eyed Peas....oh that's right 'Shut up just shut up'

you really are quite tiresome

possibly

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If Barca fail to qualify for the Chumpions League knockout stages they drop into the UEFA Cup along with all the rest and if they fail to make it through that they automatically drop down into the Johnstone Paint Trophy group stages so surely worth us showing some frickin interest on the offchance we draw Barca, FC Koln or Lokomotiv Plovdiv...surely?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally speaking yes it is a shit competition...however in fairness this year the Albion are knocking out cheap tickets and stuff in a bid to get some bums on seats. :clap:

As they cant really do it for league games this is the sort of thing that they can try it.

Plus as I cant get to hardly any Saturday games this does give me an opportunity to go.

Also isnt the prize money £300,000?

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Personally speaking yes it is a shit competition...however in fairness this year the Albion are knocking out cheap tickets and stuff in a bid to get some bums on seats. :clap:

As they cant really do it for league games this is the sort of thing that they can try it.

Plus as I cant get to hardly any Saturday games this does give me an opportunity to go.

Also isnt the prize money £300,000?

No 90k to the overall winner i believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here