Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Times league 1 predictions

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Leeds 1, Norwich 2, MK 3, Hudds 4, Brentford 5, Charlton 6........Brighton 22!!!

'few on the South Coast are expecting an improvement' Where did that come from?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
To be fair, we would have been equally as outraged had they predicted that this time last year. Then we almost got ourselves relegated.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
The Times said we would finish 9th last season which i was dissapointed with...but 22nd is a bloody joke! Some nob in their head office has got no clue...:wrong:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be fair, we would have been equally as outraged had they predicted that this time last year. Then we almost got ourselves relegated.

But if they said that last year we'd have
-negative reaction to the way Wilkins was replaced
-MA's form in his last few jobs
-"Never go back"
-"previous season's seventh place was in a weak division"
-Lack of serious investment.

As points to support it last year.

This year we have a new manager, who turned around our fotrunes last year, who's previous job took a team high up the division, a chunk of stockport's team, a lot of financial investment.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
hahaha Leeds 1st.

They just got some work experience kiddy to do league one, right put these clubs in order of who is most famous or least skint, then you can go home early son.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally I would be happy with 10th - 13th this season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When Slade arrived, we pretty much needed PROMOTION form to get ourselves out of that mess - and thats exactly what we got, so to forcast 22nd for this season is a joke. I'm not saying we're going to ROMP this division obviously, but I'm confident there will be a significant improvement on last years showing.

Whoever compiled that has clearly just looked at last seasons table, seen we scraped home on the final day, and based his "assessment" just on that. I'd normally expect better from The Times.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Who gives a toss what the newspapers say. At the end of the day they are only making an educated guess on predictions. Football is a funny old game. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Geoffo

Dec 26, 2008
In total contrast to the Bookies:-

William Hill have us 6th favourites at 12/1
Corals have us joint 7th fav at 14/1
Ladbrokes - 4th favourites at only 9/1

Admittedly, Ladbrokes is very poor odds

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Football is a funny old game. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Well, almost anything. I find it unlikely that a herd of wildebeest will stampede majestically through the South Stand at half time, or that a giant pterodactyl will soar over Withdean and crap on Russell Slade's head.

But I suppose it might.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When Slade arrived, we pretty much needed PROMOTION form to get ourselves out of that mess - and thats exactly what we got

No we didn't, our record under Slade was W6 D2 L5 (and that is excluding the Orient match in which he had just been appointed and we lost).

Over a season, that form would have brought us NINTH in the league, which I think is reasonable.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
If RS reads the Times, what better incentive than photocopying that prediction and putting a copy on the wall in the home changing room at Withdean. He would point at it before every game and say:

"Look at that lads, is that where you think you belong? Well is it? Are YOU that team?"

No better incentive in football than proving some no-mark press bitch wrong, along with everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here