Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Tickets Wanted malarky

Would the mods consider stopping people saying 'tickets wanted' in the tic exchange forum?

I think it is a great resorce for STH to off load a game they cannot make, but those who are trying to buy tickets here, when they are on open sale are not benefitting the club.

Tickets seem to sell at a discount - not fair when the most of us pay full price and go thru the proper channels, and also, you dont really know who it is being sold to.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But generally those selling are STH's and the club have already had the money from said STH in advance...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would the mods consider stopping people saying 'tickets wanted' in the tic exchange forum?

I think it is a great resorce for STH to off load a game they cannot make, but those who are trying to buy tickets here, when they are on open sale are not benefitting the club.

Tickets seem to sell at a discount - not fair when the most of us pay full price and go thru the proper channels, and also, you dont really know who it is being sold to.

How would it continue to be a 'great resource' for those STHs if you ban people from buying them? :jester:

Wasnt planning to ban people from buying - just seems crazy - there are more threads there nowadays from people 'wanting' tickets rather than those selling.

And those who want are all for games that are currently available....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But as a STH now I would sell to someone from the tix exchange who wanted one.

Why?

Because I want to encourage as many people to go as possible and I have to say £25 is ALOT of money to shell out. If it means someone can go for £10, £15 or £20 then bring it on. The club have already had the STH money and may make more if that person goes again and pays full price next time.

Ok whilst we are top people wont mind paying (well those that want to), but back in the Wilkins/Adams days that was a rip off.

Besides whilst we are doing well, I cant see that many being available so they would no doubt have to buy from the club.

But as a STH now I would sell to someone from the tix exchange who wanted one.

Have you had any thoughts on how you'll do this next season?
Currently, I either give my ticket away or ask the recipient to donate something to REMF but I'm not letting anyone near my smart card next season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Have you had any thoughts on how you'll do this next season?
Currently, I either give my ticket away or ask the recipient to donate something to REMF but I'm not letting anyone near my smart card next season.

There will be a facility where you can pay an 'admin fee' to the club and they will issue a paper ticket or transfer your seat to another non STH card.

There will be a facility where you can pay an 'admin fee' to the club and they will issue a paper ticket or transfer your seat to another non STH card.

I'd read about the issuing of paper tickets for £5 to replace a ST in the North Stand on Ask the Club. Was this electronic transfer to another card something you heard about at a 1901 presentation or where? I'm a bit surprised to hear it as I thought tickets were sold as non-transferable?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'd read about the issuing of paper tickets for £5 to replace a ST in the North Stand on Ask the Club. Was this electronic transfer to another card something you heard about at a 1901 presentation or where? I'm a bit surprised to hear it as I thought tickets were sold as non-transferable?

Ken Brown mentioned it, if I recall correctly it was at the supporters club AGM.

Someone mentioned about not being able to make all home games as a STH, and KB replied that a facility would be in place that you could transfer your seat to another non STH for an admin fee. If the new seat holder was a first timer they would get a paper ticket, followed by a smart card for future use. If the new seat holder already had a smart card the details would be electronically transferred. In both cases the original STH smart card would be cancelled for the specific game. No mention of how much the fee would be was given.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I do think the begging threads are a bit out of order - if someone is selling a ticket and you're lucky enough to be the first person to make an offer for it, then fair play, the system has worked.

If you're just being stingy and saying "ticket wanted" in a bid to avoid paying full price then it's a bit out of order I think.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
On the subjest of tickets, what does everyone make of the new card system?

I've only ever used a smart card at Upton Park (home end). I was right at the top of the stand (home end) and kept forgetting my seat/block/row number. So I had to go back down twice :blush: Wasn't really worth it in the end as we got turned over.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I've only ever used a smart card at Upton Park (home end). I was right at the top of the stand (home end) and kept forgetting my seat/block/row number. So I had to go back down twice :blush: Wasn't really worth it in the end as we got turned over.

Spurs brought it in for this year and I cant say Im a fan.

As I sit in different areas I always forget where I am meant to be sitting. :facepalm:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I def can't make all the games and have historically been happy to let random fans have my season tickets. This last year at Withdean makes it a lot more tricky to do with the smart card system now in place in the north.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Is this the wrong place to mention that I am looking for a ticket and willing to pay £30???

I do think the begging threads are a bit out of order - if someone is selling a ticket and you're lucky enough to be the first person to make an offer for it, then fair play, the system has worked.

If you're just being stingy and saying "ticket wanted" in a bid to avoid paying full price then it's a bit out of order I think.

My point - you just worded it a helluva lot better than I did!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I sort of see what people are saying but no one holds a gun to anyone's head to make them sell a ticket at a given price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here