Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The thing that really impressed me on Friday

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Irish chap OCallahan.

Blimey what a really good player.

How the hell he cant get into the Ipswich team is beyond me, they must be Real madrid.

He is composed, plays the short ball to OUR PLAYERS:eek::eek::eek:, is a great tackler, reads the game and provides something we have not had for a while, a hard tackiling ballwinner that passes well...Bertin was also that , but we were playing so shit last year his passing opetions were severely limited.

I am very impressed with teh Frenchman also...took his goal well and looks good.

Hopefully the crowd can really take to Ocallahan and then he may be tempted to stay....wouldnt that be nice for a change

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
O'Callaghan is great, I agree.

Hammond was actually BETTER than him on Friday though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
O'Callaghan is superb so far , he def plays like a poor mans Zidane with his step overs and his control. Hammond was very good on Friday and I think this is why we flowed so much. Against Southend Hammond was pretty poor overall.
I thought Whing had his best game since re-signing as well.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
O'Callaghan is great, I agree.

Hammond was actually BETTER than him on Friday though.

I wouldnt go that far, however as we have seen now with Bertin and OCallahan, get someone in to take the flak off Hammond and he is a very very good player.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I wouldnt go that far, however as we have seen now with Bertin and OCallahan, get someone in to take the flak off Hammond and he is a very very good player.

It bemuses me as to why we haven't offered Hammond a new contract yet. It expires at the end of the season and I don't think we should rely on 'He won't want to move'. Normally, you hear something along the lines of 'a contract is on the table...' but at the moment, we have a deafening silence!

We also need to offer Big Bad Bas a new contract ASAP!

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Hammond was lil' coaches choice of man of the match friday, although the one who got it (Coxy) also played the best game he's had so far this season.
They just went out on the pitch with pure determination - you could see it from minute one!
Confidence gives you an amazing boost!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was more impressed with your South Africa shirt Dave

:thumbsup:

Its the ITALIA one as well during the football season...

A Brighton supporting South African Italian Yorkshireman takes some beating you know!
:cool:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Going back to the original title I think we have more strength in depth this year, last season if Cox was not firing we had no replacement, last Saturday we replaced him with Robinson against Southend and he helped change the game.

Sam on Friday, Robinson faded in the second half so we bring on Mertot who promptly scores the third.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here