Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The tennis

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
i dont get the tennis. why is it that they dont get to use hawkeye on the lesser courts? its a bit like saying that we'll use goal-line technology but only at old trafford and stamford bridge. travesty!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Why don't you edit your thread title so people can browse this site at work?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Great one for the statos, but what does this actually show ? Tall blokes with big modern rackets can serve fast and accurately and no I didn't watch it as I was at the cricket, watching blokes with big modern bats smash a cricket ball miles!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
i dont get the tennis. why is it that they dont get to use hawkeye on the lesser courts? its a bit like saying that we'll use goal-line technology but only at old trafford and stamford bridge. travesty!

because the players demand so much in prize money they cannot afford the technology on 20 courts

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sport often makes me feel like I'm a bit too lazy, as I sit there, barely moving, watching guys charge around for hours in the heat, but last night I reached a new low watching this game.

It got to 8pm, they had been playing for 6 hours solid, while I hadn't turned over to the Germany game for the last 30 mins because I couldn't see where the remote was. I'd ruled out both looking for the remote and walking the 6 feet to the tellybox to switch 1 channel.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I walked on centre court, that is all

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
63-63...

Decided to watch this, just to see how utterly (more) ridiculous it gets.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I reckon it's a stitch-up, they've cooked this up between them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here