Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The TA

Sibroadway

SEAGULL Till I Die !!!!!
Jan 16, 2010
Brighton
I'm a regular with 3 operational tours of Afghanistan to my name and people who use it to claim their the big show are the ones who blag. I'm proud of some of the things ive done but not all of them. The better man would never gloat. What happens on the battlefield stays there. If you weren't standing next to me involved then I wouldnt expect you to understand. Until you've been there and seen it with your own eyes you should never pass judgement ......End of.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Met a geezer today through work, thought he was a sound enough bloke at first. Then he started going on about his army career, fair dos I thought. As we know I'm a staunch supporter of our armed forces, I donate to help for heroes etc. This bloke was going on like he's Bear Grylls and Andy McMab's lovechild. It was only after listening to story after story about how tough Brecon Beacon is it turns out the fucker is in the TA! So for all his bravado he's not even a proper squaddie! Geezer is little better than a f***ing Arkela and he's bowling around as if he's Rambo.

Personally I think we should scrap the reserve forces. All it does is give aa platform for no-marks to pretend they are worth something. f***ing part time army what a joke.

Anyway I made my excuses in the end, fingers crossed the dinny gets sent to Kabul or something and tastes some real army work.

He may have bigged himself up a tad but for you to talk with such derision about our Armed Forces is questionable. Have you served in the Armed Forces yourself because to display such naivity on the subject suggests that you haven't a clue what you are talking about?

And for your information before you ask, "yes" I have served in the Armed Forces. I served with Airborne Forces. We were supported by TA who were expected to be as well trained and motivated as the regulars, and most were. Personally, I have respect and pride for all our Armed Forces and cannot for the life of me understand your need to suggest that a vital element of them are disbanded.

A massive FAIL on your part.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
He may have bigged himself up a tad but for you to talk with such derision about our Armed Forces is questionable. Have you served in the Armed Forces yourself because to display such naivity on the subject suggests that you haven't a clue what you are talking about?

And for your information before you ask, "yes" I have served in the Armed Forces. I served with Airborne Forces. We were supported by TA who were expected to be as well trained and motivated as the regulars, and most were. Personally, I have respect and pride for all our Armed Forces and cannot for the life of me understand your need to suggest that a vital element of them are disbanded.

A massive FAIL on your part.
Must agree with this 100%. Spent 12 years in the mob...RN... but had full respect for anybody in service...reservist ,TA, Merchant Navy...ALL PLAYED THEIR PART.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I like to think this is a wind up. But i'm flying out on Friday to do 7 months with The Grenadier Guards in a Patrol Base in the Gereshk Valley. i'll rest assured than there is no way that i'll get shot or blown up as i'm "no better than an Arkela". I did 22 years in the Regular Army prior to joining the TA & your entitled to your opinion but its far from a joke being in a "part time army". Nice to know we have the support of the majority of people & like I said I like to think your just on a wind up. If not I have nothing but total contempt for you.

Take care mate

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Met a geezer today through work, thought he was a sound enough bloke at first. Then he started going on about his army career, fair dos I thought. As we know I'm a staunch supporter of our armed forces, I donate to help for heroes etc. This bloke was going on like he's Bear Grylls and Andy McMab's lovechild. It was only after listening to story after story about how tough Brecon Beacon is it turns out the fucker is in the TA! So for all his bravado he's not even a proper squaddie! Geezer is little better than a f***ing Arkela and he's bowling around as if he's Rambo.

Personally I think we should scrap the reserve forces. All it does is give aa platform for no-marks to pretend they are worth something. f***ing part time army what a joke.

Anyway I made my excuses in the end, fingers crossed the dinny gets sent to Kabul or something and tastes some real army work.

Can i suggest a book for you.... Weekend warrior, I think you'll find the T.A play a vital role & that your post is mainly absolute bollocks.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Best of luck Bazbha, all credit for you going to do the stuff we're lucky enough not to have to do. The TA train as hard as the reg's, and when they're deployed, work as hard as the regs. I'd suggest to Don Logan to give it a go, and let us know how he get's on......

airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain
Reservists - vital. And most of the ones I've met have been pretty good eggs.

There's the odd Walter Mitty type who likes to give it the big I am, but we've got them in the regulars too.

Keep your head down Bazbha mate.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I like to think this is a wind up. But i'm flying out on Friday to do 7 months with The Grenadier Guards in a Patrol Base in the Gereshk Valley. i'll rest assured than there is no way that i'll get shot or blown up as i'm "no better than an Arkela". I did 22 years in the Regular Army prior to joining the TA & your entitled to your opinion but its far from a joke being in a "part time army". Nice to know we have the support of the majority of people & like I said I like to think your just on a wind up. If not I have nothing but total contempt for you.
keep safe baz, i did 5 years in the grenadier guards in the 80's ,which company are you going to ? pray to god it's not queens company!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here