Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sweeney.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a seriously brave project to take on.

The original still pretty much stands up, today.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Two different worlds - loved the original and will watch the 2012 version with an open mind!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The new version looks far too noisy.

Plan B in Denis Waterman role is a real risk

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I see Nick Love is the director lets hope it's more like the Business than Outlaw. At least Nick Love hasn't made another film with Danny Dyer who was earmarked to play the Ben Drew (Plan B) role when this film was first announced.

Ben Drew's voice/accent does sound terrible in the trailer but fair play to him he was good in Harry Brown.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I see Nick Love is the director lets hope it's more like the Business than Outlaw. At least Nick Love hasn't made another film with Danny Dyer who was earmarked to play the Ben Drew (Plan B) role when this film was first announced.

Ben Drew's voice/accent does sound terrible in the trailer but fair play to him he was good in Harry Brown.

If its anything like Harry Brown then thats a positive.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Harry Brown, Sexy Beast and Long Good Friday are my top three in this genre

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If anyone can pull it off Ray Winstone can, Looking forward to it so won't pre judge.

Trivia: The first line Jack ever said in the Pilot show called Regan then went onto to to be the The Sweeney was. "Put your trousers on, your nicked" :lol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure if Ray could pull it off now. Standing there saying " We're the Sweeney love, and we haven't had our dinner " would look a barefaced lie when you look at the size of Ray now.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ray Winstone is a bit of a one trick poiny imo, looks like he gives his usual over the top performance from what i can see in the trailer, it looks unconvincing to me , there was a bit more to the character of regan than winstone is capable of portraying.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Film spinoffs are invariably awful.

Start of original play....

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
dont really remember the original, but did see Nick Love got top gear to help with the car chases, everytime i think about what they did makes me chuckle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here