Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun say Southgate is being lined up...

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Haven't read it and can't find it on their website but the BBC rumours say:

Former Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is being lined up to return to employment as manager at Brighton and Hove Albion. (The Sun)

:clap:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Southgate doesn't exactly inspire me !

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think Southgate may have something to offer. I'm not sure he was dealt the easiest hand at Middlesbrough. Worth consideration rather than outright rejection, at least.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Win percentage of 29% in the top flight. I'm sure he would be a very good manager for us. No evidence to back this up mind.

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
I think we need a high profile manager. A high profile manager and one that has played at the highest level would have the respect of the players, have great connections within the game and would also be a statement of ambition by the club.

Would love any of Southgate, Poyet, Solskjaer.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'd be more than willing to give him a chance, would have some half decent contacts and he didn't really flunk a Middlesborough in my opinion.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think he would be very good with the right coaching set up. But don't think anyone has a clue at the moment who it is going to be. This could drag on a while yet.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is this going to be a big scandal and turn into Southgategate?

gonefishing

gonefishing
Oct 26, 2009
haywards heath
why not have a southgate/taylor parnership,u dont captain every club you play for and get the amount of caps he got without some nous. taylor would be a superb coach and teach him what he needs to proceed to where i think and a lot of footie people think he will end up.why not let that be with us every young manager and great manager has had setbacks

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
why not have a southgate/taylor parnership,u dont captain every club you play for and get the amount of caps he got without some nous. taylor would be a superb coach and teach him what he needs to proceed to where i think and a lot of footie people think he will end up.why not let that be with us every young manager and great manager has had setbacks

I'm not too keen on Southgate - but I would be happy if he had a decent assistant such as Taylor. The same goes for Solskjaer too. Taylor would be a fantastic assistant for any young manager.

It is nice that people that have managed at a much higher level (Southgate), or who are seen as 'up and coming' (Poyet, Solskjaer) are being associated with the job - I guess that Bloom's millions are making us a much more attractive proposition.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm not too keen on Southgate - but I would be happy if he had a decent assistant such as Taylor. The same goes for Solskjaer too. Taylor would be a fantastic assistant for any young manager.

It is nice that people that have managed at a much higher level (Southgate), or who are seen as 'up and coming' (Poyet, Solskjaer) are being associated with the job - I guess that Bloom's millions are making us a much more attractive proposition.

That construction site at Falmer doesn't do us any harm either. What manager wouldn't want to come here? Seriously! If you apply for a job you usually do a little research about the company Or should do) and anybody worthwhile will either know, or will easily find out the reasons for the apparent insecure manager's job at The Albion and why it should now be fairly stable and secure.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm related to Gareth Southgate :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
NO..................The geezer is about as dull as dishwater with no pedigree in the lower league.

And theres this

Attachments

• southgate.jpg
    southgate.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 506

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I do not kmow why he is being dismissed as a no hoper - he has had a poor premiership side to manage and has done quite well.OK he was not a successful manage but 29% win rate for a prem club of middlesborough's stature is good. Would have good contacts and coaching ability.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd genuinely like to know why people think he'll be good. Anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here