Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the subways

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
no not the sandwiches but the new band. aqnyone heard much of there stuff? i personally am loving the stuff im hearing, currently doing lots of gigs and recently one down in brighton.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
They're supporting the Stereophonics at the brighton centre next month as well. They're not bad but nothing special.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
garry nelsons left foot said:
They're big in JAPAN.

I don't think they are. Big in Japan were the seminal 70s Liverpool group that went their separate ways to become part of Pink Miltary, the KLF, Echo & the Bunnymen's management team, Teardrop Explodes, the Original Mirrors, The Lightning Seeds, and Frankie Goes to Hollywood among others. And drummer Budgie went on to bang away with Siouxsie Sioux in more ways than one...

I doubt they'd be interested in reforming...

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
no not the sandwiches...

POINTLESS thread then :angry:

my HEROS :bowdown:
Subway%201.jpg

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I've got a mate who has gone on about nothing else for months. Raves about the girlie. I think she's the bass player. Charlotte is it??
Tony Meola's Loan Spell can probably back me up on this.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Seen them a few times, best was a small intimate gig in Aberdeen where they really looked special.

Saw them a month or so back and were quite disapointing, still worth a look tho.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Saw them at the Event and they were good. Opening for the Stereophonics at the Brighton Centre next month.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
yeah they are a good band but not life-changing or anything...

got their album and its not bad and i went to the event gig about a month a go and they are good live although i actually went for the support band 'the kooks' who are brighton lads and a much better band IMO - album out next year.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
damn, i was expecting something to do with food:(

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
blueandwhitearmy said:
yeah they are a good band but not life-changing or anything...

got their album and its not bad and i went to the event gig about a month a go and they are good live although i actually went for the support band 'the kooks' who are brighton lads and a much better band IMO - album out next year.

I agree I think the kooks are better than the subways.
The Subways are Ok from what i've heard, Oh yeah was a great song but Rock'n'roll queen was a bit shit.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
They're alright I guess, but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them.

Their support band 'The Kooks' are a lot better.

:bounce:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I think they are CLASS! gonna hopefully get the cd for my birthday on Monday ;)

Went to see them down the Concorde 2 and thought they were great although it was pretty short set, and the warm-up (The Pipettes) were f***ing awful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here