Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Stiffs - Their Match Report on Official Site

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Reserves Undone by Rovers
Posted on: Tue 25 Oct 2011

By Will Jago

Albion reserves went down 2-1 at Forest Green Rovers tonight but development squad coach Luke Williams remains positive of his team's performance.

The young professionals went ahead inside the opening half-hour but uncharacteristic errors allowed the home side to snatch the points.

Torbjorn Agdestein continued his good form following his return from a month-long loan spell at Bath City and opened the scoring: after some good build-up play, the Norwegian striker created space on the edge of the Rovers' box before slotting the ball into the bottom corner.

Albion looked comfortable in possession but could not create the clear-cut chance to double their lead, and then on the brink of half-time the home side pulled level.

Jake Forster-Caskey was uncharacteristically dispossessed out wide and Forest Green broke down the wing, centred the ball and scored from close range.

The Seagulls stayed true to their accustomed style against a dogged Rovers side but Forest Green snatched all three points with a cruel blow ten minutes from time - as Grant Hall put past his own goalkeeper Mitch Walker.

Williams was disappointed with the defeat but wants his players to keep their faith in the passing way.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "I'm pleased with the performance but unfortunately a couple of mistakes cost us, the lads will learn from that though.

"We always look at the bigger picture here and I want the players to as well. They watched the first team lose out to an error last night and unfortunately the same happened tonight, but I don't want the lads to think it's not the right way to play.

"There are a few kinks to iron out but I'd rather have the problem of dominating games and winning most of the time, than not having a lot of possession and still not winning all of their games."

Albion: (4-3-3) Walker; Sampayo, Hall, Cook, Strong; Kasim, Rodgers (Hayward), Forster-Caskey; Smith, Agdestein (Woodley), Barker. Subs not used: East (GK), Sherriff.

Looks like their tippy tappy has not worked either! It looks like Gus' grand plan needs to be worked on.

Last edited:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not really, yes we're loosing and drawing games, but we're not playing badly, watching the team demolish west ham, but fail to score made me more upbeat

It's players making errors we need to cut out, not the way we play

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"We always look at the bigger picture here and I want the players to as well. They watched the first team lose out to an error last night and unfortunately the same happened tonight, but I don't want the lads to think it's not the right way to play."

Looks like their tippy tappy has not worked either! It looks like Gus' grand plan needs to be worked on.

The quote makes more sense then your post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here