Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Special One is .......Nathan Ellington?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Posted this last night but thought it really deserved a thread of its own.

Caught up with an ex-colleague last night who works at Watford (very reliable source) and he said that we are / have been trying to sign the Duke for some time.

Apparently a loan till the end of the season has already been agreed in principal with Watford but we are just waiting on the player.

He returns from Greece next month and has been told that he has no future at Watford, apparently he is interested and his agent has talked to Gus but he is hoping something better will come along so this might rumble on until the end of the transfer window.

Surely this is the special one of which we speak?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Hmm, what's his goalscoring record like in recent seasons? (Genuine question, I've no idea). He was very fast back in the day, hopefully he still is.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Two interesting facts:

1) The Duke is currently on loan with Skoda Xanthi in gReece with Jordan Stewrat... dont know when this loan finished.

2) He is Muslim since marrying a Bosnian woman in 2004...... now then...

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Well done for actually naming a player as well as giving a source.

I've had just about enough of the cockteasers on here who brag about knowing all the inside gossip about the club but who couldn't possibly divulge who the special player is to us minions.

As for Ellington, if he can recapture the form he showed at Bristol Rovers and Wigan, then he'd be great.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I've had just about enough of the cockteasers on here who brag about knowing all the inside gossip about the club but who couldn't possibly divulge who the special player is to us minions.

As for Ellington, if he can recapture the form he showed at Bristol Rovers and Wigan, then he'd be great.

This.

Nathan Ellington would be an exciting signing. Only 29 and a proven goalscorer. It wasn't long ago that Watford paid over 3 million for him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If he's out on loan then we couldn't have got him in the loan window, so not the special one?

But would be a great signing.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
If he's out on loan then we couldn't have got him in the loan window, so not the special one?

But would be a great signing.

Unless they could have ended the loan early like Barnsley did with Chris Wood

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Two interesting facts:

1) The Duke is currently on loan with Skoda Xanthi in gReece with Jordan Stewrat... dont know when this loan finished.

2) He is Muslim since marrying a Bosnian woman in 2004...... now then...

Why on earth do you find it necessary to inform us he is married to a Muslim...? I know you are too, but why mention it...? Trying to provoke controversy where none exists....?

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008

Yeah I agree

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Hardly that special is he

If some people think that for us a 29 year old ex premiership striker who has averaged almost a goal every two games at three of his clubs and gone for a total of £7.6m is not special, some people need a major reality check.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here