Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Soweto Gospel Choir at the Dome

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone else checking out the Grammy winners at the Dome tomorrow night? Should be a great evening, just got two of the last few tickets left.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm thinking about it. They got an EXCELLENT review in The Guardian. Five stars in fact.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd love to, but I'm saving my money for one of the prom nights at the Royal Albert Hall.

All that flag waving puts me off. Bit racist if you ask me.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Africans singing church songs and you buy tickets? Just stroll up round here, and they give you free cake too.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought it was mammy

cn00036739_large.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd love to, but I'm saving my money for one of the prom nights at the Royal Albert Hall.

I went to one of the prom nights a couple of years ago, only cost a tenner although I think it was about £4.50 for a small bottle of beer.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I spent a while in South Africa a few years ago as my Step Dad (now ex step dad) was from Jo-burg and had been part of the anti apartheid movement out there. We sill keep in touch with some friends some of which are from Soweto.

Anyway, what I was getting to is the fact that one of our friends, Dale (rip), was a preacher at the massive church in Soweto and when we went we were greated as royalty for being his friends - it is the church that the gospel choir are from and were singing that day.

I am not a religious person, but it really was quite moving. They really are amazing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here