Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The social!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Okay, i'm a tad lost.

One of my friends has had a baby. Her mum has lied to social services and said that she beats him. The baby has been taken away...

I was due to become his godfather on Saturday.

Any idea's of what i can do?
Do i have any rights to the baby, or because i'm not actually his godfather yet, is that just a waste?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
no rights whatsoever in perpetuity.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Okay, thanks guys. Just got to wait now... :down:

EDIT: Would they let me see him?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Okay, i'm a tad lost.

One of my friends has had a baby. Her mum has lied to social services and said that she beats him. The baby has been taken away...

Do i have any rights to the baby, or because i'm not actually his godfather yet, is that just a waste?
Call Jeremy Kyle:thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Would social services take a baby away purely on the grandmothers suggestions, wouldnt they have examined the baby and if found no brusing etc let the mother keep it

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Would social services take a baby away purely on the grandmothers suggestions, wouldnt they have examined the baby and if found no brusing etc let the mother keep it

I have no idea as to exactly what has gone on.

I think they took him earlier today, for examination. I'm just not sure on details yet.

I know she didn't beat him though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Okay, thanks guys. Just got to wait now... :down:

EDIT: Would they let me see him?

no , the baby will probably have been handed over to foster carers by now , you'll only see him when he has reached the age of 16 if he wants contact with his biological parents.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Okay, i'm a tad lost.

That doesn't sound right.

On the back of one (by the sounds of things) unsubstantiated claim by her mother, babies aren't just 'taken away' like that.

There's obviously more to it than that.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Okay, i'm a tad lost.

Maybe you should get the parents to move so that they would come under the remit of the social services of Haringey Borough council in north London - that way, even if the allegations were in any way true, Social services would ignore them and the baby would be left at risk with the parents, meaning you could still become the Godfather, Don FDMs Gloves

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
That doesn't sound right.

On the back of one (by the sounds of things) unsubstantiated claim by her mother, babies aren't just 'taken away' like that.

There's obviously more to it than that.

I'm running on the most basic of details right now.

I don't think its a permanent taking, rather preventative.

Apparantly the police are involved and are doing an investigation, and a worker has said that the baby will likely be returned soon...

This has literally been a quick exchange of texts while things get sorted. I expect i'll be filled in on details. I just wanted to avoid having him taken to strangers or anything or to see if i have a leg to stand on to see him.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Yes, I think you only have half the facts....

Either the baby has been taken to be examined before they make a decision, but your friend either didn't understand that, or there is something he hasn't told you, or indeed she hasn't told him!

Either way, you will just have to wait and see what develops over the next few days

ETA we crossed posted. I think he has just been taken for examination, and if they are innocent, the baby will be returned soon and life will go on

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm running on the most basic of details right now.

I don't think its a permanent taking, rather preventative.

Apparantly the police are involved and are doing an investigation, and a worker has said that the baby will likely be returned soon...

This has literally been a quick exchange of texts while things get sorted. I expect i'll be filled in on details. I just wanted to avoid having him taken to strangers or anything or to see if i have a leg to stand on to see him.
This sounds like a complete mess to me with the key words quick exchange of texts, I'm am convinced that if the child has been removed from the parent/s then the relevant authorities must be concerned for the child's safety.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yes, I think you only have half the facts....

Either the baby has been taken to be examined before they make a decision, but your friend either didn't understand that, or there is something he hasn't told you, or indeed she hasn't told him!

Either way, you will just have to wait and see what develops over the next few days

I think something was lost in translation. The baby has been taken in the sense that the baby is with an official rather than the mum... She's being talked to now, i'm being phoned later on today with details.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
This sounds like a complete mess to me with the key words quick exchange of texts, I'm am convinced that if the child has been removed from the parent/s then the relevant authorities must be concerned for the child's safety.

I just don't know right now.

Hopefully they're just going through the motions of checking him over, and life will return to normal.

I'll definatly get more details later tonight, and I'll probably head over to hers tomorrow.

Thanks NSC for letting me know where i stand in all this! :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NSC - we'll make a crisis out of a drama. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here