Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The singing section

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
From my experience of the singing section for the first time last season I must say that I am less than impressed with the almost constant standing, especially during bits of the game that aren't that exciting. Fair enough, if we are on the attack then go for your lives, it's almost instinct to stand but why keep standing for the following two minutes when play is developing again? I'm all for standing at football but for times I couldn't see the quarter of the pitch where the 'action' was.

Surely standing and sitting regularly makes the game feel more exciting anyway. It's not as if you can't sing sitting down.

I know I sound like a moany old bastard but for me the game was slightly ruined as I missed a fair portion of it and I can't believe the girl behind me who was no taller than 5 foot enjoyed herself much either.

Either everyone stands of everyone sits surely?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
From my experience of the singing section for the first time last season I must say that I am less than impressed with the almost constant standing, especially during bits of the game that aren't that exciting. Fair enough, if we are on the attack then go for your lives, it's almost instinct to stand but why keep standing for the following two minutes when play is developing again? I'm all for standing at football but for times I couldn't see the quarter of the pitch where the 'action' was.

Surely standing and sitting regularly makes the game feel more exciting anyway. It's not as if you can't sing sitting down.

I know I sound like a moany old bastard but for me the game was slightly ruined as I missed a fair portion of it and I can't believe the girl behind me who was no taller than 5 foot enjoyed herself much either.

Either everyone stands of everyone sits surely?

moany old bastard :p

Oct 20, 2004
Standing is so much better, sitting at football is killing the atmosphere :nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It may justbe the layout of our ground but if you are in ceratin areas when people stand, no matter how hard you try, it's impossible to see large parts of the pitch.

And the 'stand up if you want falmer' chants when stewards tell you to sit down (Krispies...) are taking the value away from the song completely as well as having lost all comical value.

Yoda

English & European
Re: Re: The singing section

Brighton till i die said:
to be honest mate - i find it fuckin hard to get going on the vocals when sitting!!:p

I don't seem to have had any problems last season. Just ask dougdeep. ;)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
just how short are you bruv!!:lolol:

about 5'8 or summat but the angle I was at last night I could have been 7 foot tall and been unsighted.

And nobody SHAT in my cereal saxon. Beware it's where you're sitting on saturday.

fag boy.

Yoda

English & European
Re: Re: Re: Re: The singing section

please teach me the ways so i too can enjoy a quiet sit down and then break into full voice dude!!:lolol: ;)

First, lean back into your seat and take a deep breath in. Then as you go to sing, lean forward so there is extra pressure on your diaphragm. :thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
Ah crap, that means you are sitting near me.

At least he is not ginger anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here