Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The shootings in France [Merged]

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Apologies if this is already somewhere else, but i've used the search and can't find anything.

Are we allowed a thread about what has happened in France? I'm very suprised to see nothing on here about it yet, which makes me think the mods/admin have decided it's a bad idea. If that is the case please delete this as soon as you see fit. I shall not complain.

I've been trying to get my head round what Sky News are reporting. Very strange incident and im curious as to what may come out as the day goes on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Piss poor police work.

I'm struggling to believe a crime scene can be left for 8 hours, all the while a 4 year old is hiding under the bodies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apologies if this is already somewhere else, but i've used the search and can't find anything.

Are we allowed a thread about what has happened in France? I'm very suprised to see nothing on here about it yet, which makes me think the mods/admin have decided it's a bad idea. If that is the case please delete this as soon as you see fit. I shall not complain.

I've been trying to get my head round what Sky News are reporting. Very strange incident and im curious as to what may come out as the day goes on.

There's never a ban on discussing news stories (only on dodgy conjecture regarding sensitive news stories).

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Feel free to post. Just don't say anything libelous please!

Yes understood boss. I just thought it unusual for such a high profile event to have happend and there NOT be any mention of it on NSC. Hence why I thought that someone may have deleted a previous thread.

What are peoples thoughts? As soon as I heard it on the news I thought that this could end up being a lot more.

Very sad news more than anything else, but for those with an interest in crime etc this could end up being an interesting case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
First of all sad news, but surely the police would have taken the bodies from the car to check for signs of life! Therefore then finding the poor girl?

Its a grim thought, but the police found 15 spent rounds at the scene. They might not have needed to check the bodies very closely.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Almost certainly the Police would be protecting forensic evidence, and would have been ordered to not touch anything inside the car, until a forensic team turned up - they had no idea and no reason to suppose there were any more persons in the vehicle. A child of 4 isn't going to be able to distinguish a Police officer as being a 'good guy', so isn't going to attract attention when they start surrounding the vehicle, it's going to assume that it's another 'bad guy' likely to continue an already traumatic incident.

It's the same scenario as someone 'playing dead' on a battlefield if they believe the enemies policy is to 'take no prisoners', which is how a child would view the scenario. Under that scenario, if a Police officer is told not to enter a car, and there appears to be no living person in the car, then they are obliged to follow orders.

My opinion - it's not a robbery gone wrong, as a passer by has been gunned down - it's a contract killing, with the instruction that there are to be no witnesses who can testify in a court of law. A child of 4, or 8 years old, is not going to make a credible witness. As to the motive, who knows? Money? Power? Clan rivalry?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My opinion - it's not a robbery gone wrong, as a passer by has been gunned down - it's a contract killing, with the instruction that there are to be no witnesses who can testify in a court of law. A child of 4, or 8 years old, is not going to make a credible witness. As to the motive, who knows? Money? Power? Clan rivalry?

These were British tourists on a camping holiday. Sounds to me like a mindless act of violence, particularly as a passer by was killed also, although I guess they could have been a witness.

You can understand the girl hiding and not moving instinctively, and you can understand the police not touching the scene until forensics get there (once they had established that the victims were all deceased). Just a very sad story. Poor girl.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
First of all sad news, but surely the police would have taken the bodies from the car to check for signs of life! Therefore then finding the poor girl?

You've obviously not seen many gunshot wounds then, especially those at close range - it's pretty obvious when a fatal injury, is , well, fatal, as the human body is, not to put to fine a point on it, ripped apart. There'll be a lot of 'guts and blood'. It's not as if they will appear to be asleep as there will be injuries that no amount of surgery could repair.

Real gunshot wounds aren't clean and tidy like you see in Hollywood movies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These were British tourists on a camping holiday. Sounds to me like a mindless act of violence, particularly as a passer by was killed also,

Seems more likely.

Its a pretty remote area by the sounds of it, too. These might not be the only victims.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Seems more likely.

Its a pretty remote area by the sounds of it, too. These might not be the only victims.

I recon they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Makes it even more tragic, if that is even possible.

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
We can all guess. Was it a contract killing, was it robbery gone wrong, or was the family on holiday or fleeing England because of trouble. Sad sad news but will be interesting to see what the police find out. Let's hope they catch the bast**ds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here