Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Seagulls Ska version of Sussex By the Sea: yay or nay?

Seagulls Ska version of GOSBTS: should we scrap it after this season?

• Yes: it's a horrific mutilation of a great song. It should never tarnish the sacred turf of Falmer

Votes: 69 61.6%
  • No, I love its jaunty interpretation of an Albion classic

Votes: 39 34.8%
  • What ARE you talking about, woman?

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Prompted by the other thread then. I'm talking about the speeded up version of GOSBTS that they play over the PA at Withdean when we win.

Sorry Attila, but I hate it, I think it's an absolute travesty and a gross mistreatment of a proper old fashioned song that means a lot to the supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion. I can't stand hearing it as we walk out of Withdean, and I for one have no desire whatsoever to hear it at Falmer. Apart from the fact that it sucks, it's also dated and has associations with the bad times, all the campaigns. I say it's time to move on and scrap it when we get to Falmer (preferably scrap it now, but I would settle for next season).

I'm interested to know what the punters of NSC think. So, Seagulls Ska: winner, or binner?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Total pile of sh1te and self-indulgence

I've voted to keep it ... but mainly on the grounds that I get enormous personal pleasure from being reminded that I sang on a record that got to number 17 in the charts.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Read the title of the thread but not the actual poll question so voted to keep it when I actually want it to be scrapped, oops.

I didn't mind it to start with but now it just grates. I don't think ska belongs at football unfortunately

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the basis that it only gets played when we've won - keep it.

I don't think that is the key factor in the team winning, you know...

On the subject of crap music, I've just watched highlights of the England- Australia egg chasing yesterday, and to my horror, it appears the curse of lame celebration music has now infected the world of rugby too.

Ashton's glorious try was greeted immediately with the dismally familiar sounds of Tom Hark. Try music, dammit, is NOWHERE safe?? :angry:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

On the subject of crap music, I've just watched highlights of the England- Australia egg chasing yesterday, and to my horror, it appears the curse of lame celebration music has now infected the world of rugby too.

Ashton's glorious try was greeted immediately with the dismally familiar sounds of Tom Hark. Try music, dammit, is NOWHERE safe?? :angry:

and there was me thinking it was some kind of incentive for us to win :lolol:

havent heard the dance version - anyone got a link ?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I'm not a big rugby watcher, but I'm sure they had that in the World Cup FINAL that England were in a few years ago. The one they lost, not the one they won.
At least it hasn't gone that far in football yet, though they do have it in the Champions League. :facepalm:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Slow GOSBTS at the end of the games will lead to slow singing of GOSBTS. Bin it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Slow GOSBTS at the end of the games will lead to slow singing of GOSBTS. Bin it.

That song's got nothing to do with the fast singing of GOSBTS. If that was the case, how do you explaing the fast singing of every other Albion song?

As for the version, I've got no problem with it. Even if you don't like listening to it I don't see how anyone can feel that strongly that they'd want it banned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here