Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Savannah Tuesday night

The Savannah

Nov 28, 2008
Hi lads and lasses

Just a quick reminder for all those who cant make the Shrewsbury game, The Savannah in Haywards Heath will be showing the game plus will have a BHA quiz, also a raffle and an auction, all funds raised will go to the NO MORE LAND MINES which is supported by Brighton and hove in the comminuty, also two quid a pint till first goal is scored,
Will be a great night, hope to see you there.:drink::whisky::ascarf:

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Hi lads and lasses

Just a quick reminder for all those who cant make the Shrewsbury game, The Savannah in Haywards Heath will be showing the game plus will have a BHA quiz, also a raffle and an auction, all funds raised will go to the NO MORE LAND MINES which is supported by Brighton and hove in the comminuty, also two quid a pint till first goal is scored,
Will be a great night, hope to see you there.:drink::whisky::ascarf:

it will be a good night on tuesday

i wont be there but will see you xmas eve

The Savannah

Nov 28, 2008
We'll give you a question sheet on arrival, to be filled in by half time, and will give results and prizes just after final whistle

Good luck !!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can imagine never b4 has a landlord wanted a 1st min goal and 50 odd Brighton fans praying for a nil nil :drink:

The Savannah

Nov 28, 2008
Lol Tay, Brighton getting to wembley will be worth every penny, get your quiz head on and see how many questions you get right on the BHA, you could be in for a prize:whisky:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The guy who owns Savannah must be getting very desperate for trade to continually go on about it on here to try to encourage trade when the vast majority on here are hardly old enough to drink anyway.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
The guy who owns Savannah must be getting very desperate for trade to continually go on about it on here to try to encourage trade when the vast majority on here are hardly old enough to drink anyway.
No he is just a fan that cares.

As opposed to you being a c**t.

TB

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Im the worlds worst customer as im non alcoholic and shall be at the game,tho if i wasnt going sounds like it will be a good night.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

Get yout pipe and slippers out Grandad..............miserable twat.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Have you read what the evening is in aid of ?

Hardly lining their own pockets are they ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you read what the evening is in aid of ?

Hardly lining their own pockets are they ?

The biggest con in the licensed trade is a 'charity night' the band etc give their time, local shops give to the raffle, the customers spend a fortune over the bar and there is 1 winner by far the Guvernor oh and some goes to the charity.

If ever trade was down we held a charity night to boost the takings it was an old trick I have done for years and many before me have done the same.

When I had my pub and Sky first started showing football I always sold beer at a £1 a pint until the first goal irrespective of what game it was. My wife also gave either a burger or hot dog at half time to create an atmosphere, something you could never do in Savannah.

Grow Up And Have A Drink

WHEN THE SAV HAS A W****R NIGHT WE WILL LET YOU KNOW!
IF PEOPLE HAVE A GOOD NIGHT SUPER!
IF THE BAR DOES WELL GREAT!
IF THE NO MORE LAND MINES PROJECT BENEFITS WONDERFUL!
IF WE CAN BUILD UP INTEREST IN THE ALBION BRILL!
IF OTHER BARS PUT THIS MUCH ENTHUSIASM INTO THE ALBION FAB!
WHATS YOUR PROB NOB!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My point is that Savannah has been open for about 2 years and is owned by a consortium of about 4 or 5 people and they have never bothered to do anything for any previous Albion functions but are making a big fuss about this. Why and simply think that it is probably due to the fact that like everybody else in the licensed trade they are probably struggling.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
My point is that Savannah has been open for about 2 years and is owned by a consortium of about 4 or 5 people and they have never bothered to do anything for any previous Albion functions but are making a big fuss about this. Why and simply think that it is probably due to the fact that like everybody else in the licensed trade they are probably struggling.

what wrong with that? Fair enough I reckon

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Even if that is the case and you are correct so what?

1. They are putting on a good night for Albion fans that cannot get to the game
  2. They are raising money for a good cause
  3. People who may not be Albion fans may be tempted to get behind the team and then become fans

If they also make a little cash on the side so what?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008

Can you really blame him for coming on here, if it meant that his bar would gain from it? I personally think its a good tactic to use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here