Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The rumour started by dave the gaffer

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
About Knight not letting Adams having transfer funds last week.Any one else heard anything?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What rumour & why would Dave the gaffer be in the know anyway?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Another rumour is that the supporters club are going to remake 'Last Tango in Paris' with Dave the Gaffer in the Marlon Brando role.

Who will play opposite him?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
RIP Bernard.

I still get very nostalgic thinking about when I got the chance to introduce him at the St Georges Day gig.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is quite possible that a manager wants more money than the chairman/board are inclined to release...? I thought that would be fairly obvious, unless the board are rather rich (Abramovich et al) or rather over generous (Risdale et al).

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Let's face it, Dick doesn't have any money anyway.

If anyone's turned a request for spending money down, it's the Blooms.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Let's face it, Dick doesn't have any money anyway.

If anyone's turned a request for spending money down, it's the Blooms.

It does'nt matter who's running the show as I said on another thread they've set the bench mark by getting rid of Wilkins for finishing 7th, So they need to put they're money where they're mouths are by supplying the money to get us higher.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
hart and ernest have both seen manning's act

now why dosn't that surprise me

bet you both yum up maggie's favourite armed forces entertainer too

Its either Ian or Harty, thank you and even the most pc of comedians would admit that Bernard was an all time great reagrdless of his act content.

And in answer to your question about Jim Davidson, no i don't like him as he is a poor imitation of Jimmy Jones.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Its either Ian or Harty, thank you and even the most pc of comedians would admit that Bernard was an all time great reagrdless of his act content.

And in answer to your question about Jim Davidson, no i don't like him as he is a poor imitation of Jimmy Jones.

Occasionly my estimation of you goes up, This is one of those moments.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

WHAT? Most "PC" comedians who i've seen being interviewed think as most people do... that he was a bitter, spiteful northern fascist who would have been more at home in Apartheid South Africa than here.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its wasnt a rumour...i was being mischievous.

anyway most reporters will ask someone a completely off the wall question to provoke a reaction, wont they Harty?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
WHAT? Most "PC" comedians who i've seen being interviewed think as most people do... that he was a bitter, spiteful northern fascist who would have been more at home in Apartheid South Africa than here.

Stephen Fry and Ben Elton are two who have publicly acknowledged his talent.

Thankfully his home was in Manchester not Pretoria and living next door to him was a respected local Asian doctor who did a reading at Bernard's funeral service.

What about his charity work? Specifically for children's causes, children of all colours and creeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here