Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ricky Gervais Show - New Series of Podcast

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I really like Ricky Gervais, but I've never listened to these, are they funny?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My concern is that the quality of Karl Pilkington has unquestionably dipped through the 3 series.

Anyone hear the NME special recently? Rubbish, because Karl just sounds so fed up of them taking the mickey out of them that he doesn't provide them with any nuggets of idiotic gold.

As long as he is in a good mood it'll be hilarious though.

The amount of times I've laughed like a twat walking down the road, or standing in the queue at shops while listening to the podcasts.......

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Some of the best Pilkington stuff is when he's annoyed though. In one of the podcasts, he gets so fed up that he leaves early and goes on holiday to Hastings.

My only concern about this new series is that he's charging for them. I hate iTunes as well, as it isn't compatible with my Creative Zen player....

Any ideas how to get round this?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
My only concern about this new series is that he's charging for them. I hate iTunes as well, as it isn't compatible with my Creative Zen player....

Any ideas how to get round this?

torrents :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
More like your Creative Zen Player isn't compatible with the mighty iTunes.

Bosh.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Listen to the first 3 series then decide if they're worth paying for.

I think the majority of people would say YES.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I, erm, downloaded, the back catalogue of their XfM shows, dating back to 2001 - absolutely superb radio. Look for it, if I were you.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
All of it is utter genius. Use Pilkipedia to download it all - they host all the shows on their site. I'd recommend Series 2 as the best of it...

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
ive met Ricky a few times when he was doing the 11 o clock show/meet Ricky Gervais, hes a very talented performer and his podcasts are very good

It must be odd for him as Meet Ricky Gervais was slated by the media at the time and was considered hugely offensive, hes still doing bits of that material now and the media love it :)

From a purely stand up point of view though I believe that Robin Ince (his support act) is an brilliant comic and you should go and see him if you get the chance, ive seen Stephen Merchant do a few open spots recently (I appeared on one with him!) and hes a really nice bloke

In fact anyone who lives anywhere near Kingston I know a club there that both Merchant,Bill Bailey, Jimmy Carr etc perform on a regualr basis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here