Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The remaining fixtures, We're STAYING UP!

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
REMAINING FIXTURES:-

Friday, 24 April 2009
Leicester v Scunthorpe, 19:45
Stockport v Crewe, 19:45
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 25 April 2009
Cheltenham v Carlisle, 15:00
Colchester v Peterborough, 15:00
Hartlepool v Leeds, 15:00
Huddersfield v Brighton, 15:00
Millwall v Leyton Orient, 15:00
MK Dons v Walsall, 15:00
Northampton v Hereford, 15:00
Oldham v Southend, 15:00
Swindon v Bristol Rovers, 12:00
Tranmere v Yeovil, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 28 April 2009
Northampton v MK Dons, 19:45
Scunthorpe v Cheltenham, 19:30

Saturday, 02 May 2009
Brighton v Stockport, 15:00
Bristol Rovers v Hartlepool, 15:00
Carlisle v Millwall, 15:00
Crewe v Leicester, 15:00
Hereford v MK Dons, 15:00
Leeds v Northampton, 15:00
Leyton Orient v Huddersfield, 15:00
Peterborough v Swindon, 15:00
Scunthorpe v Tranmere, 15:00
Southend v Cheltenham, 15:00
Walsall v Oldham, 15:00
Yeovil v Colchester, 15:00

HEREFORD RELEGATED - They can only get 40 points max
CHELTENHAM - They could get 47 points max but their GD is -35 now
CREWE - They play Friday night so we might have an advantage there, then their last game is against Leicester
CARLISLE - They have to play Cheltenham and then Millwall on the final day.
NORTHAMPTON - They have to play Hereford on Saturday then their game in hand is against MK Dons, who could still finish 2nd and Away to Leeds on the final day.

I reckon a win from the last two games should be enough, but we're on a roll so why not two wins.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
is there any way that we could secure survival on saturday? how would the results have to work out?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
It's not over yet but ...
One win & so 51 points will be enough I feel;
Still hope to get something from Huddersfield so that we are absolutely def out of bottom 4 and in control of own destiny for the Stockport game.
Great Lazarus stuff from the lads over the last couple of weeks - let's hope they just keep it going to the end!
C'mon!!!!!!!!!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
We could potentially climb above 3 more clubs with a win on Saturday (unlikely but possible), a win would put us in a great position as even if we did slip up against Stockport there would be enough clubs below us to hope that one of them have slipped up as well.

It would be good for us if the battle for second between MK Dons and Peterborough was still going at the end of the season, would mean very tough games for Swindon and Northampton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it does look good. i cant see Carlisle getting 6 points with two tough games and Northampton unlikly to get anything other than against Hereford. Crewe and us have two games against opposition with nothing to play for, while im sure they wont roll over definatly easier.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We're within touching distance of safety now. Still nothing is certain, but if we can just match the results of the teams around us, we should be alright. Easier said than done, I know, but I reckon one more win should see us through.
We've not won three in a row before tonight, but we have now; all the teams around us have at some time gone on a bit of a run - just hope our's hasn't finished yet!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would be typical brighton if we go and blow it

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm still deeply worried. All the teams around us have got an easy game to play, which i'd expect them to pull 3 points from.

Crewe have got Stockport, who are bottom of the league on current form over the last eight games. The only saving grace is we'e got them on the last day.

Carlisle have got Cheltenham who are second bottom and pretty much down and out with nothing to play for.

Northampton have got to play Hereford who are bottom, are down and out with nothing to play for.

We've got Huddersfield away - a very hard game.

We are going to have to beat Stockport on the last day in order to stay up as i expect all 3 teams around us to pick up at least another 3 points.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Typical Brighton.

We'll lose on Saturday, and score in the 94th minute against Stockport to seal a 1-0 win which sees Crewe and Northampton go down.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think the only thing to stop survival will be Northamptons game in hand, Hereford will probably roll over when they play them but I can see MK Dons and Leeds doing a job on them.
As long as we keep winning it won't matter, last 5 games won 4, lost 1.
Thought Brizzle had a draw writtren all over it, keep it up Slade and the boys.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We are going to have to beat Stockport on the last day in order to stay up as i expect all 3 teams around us to pick up at least another 3 points.

Having listened to some of the last few games and reading various match reports, I think that Slade has really put some serious motivation back into the team.
Last nights team was far from full stength and look what happened, they are growing in strength and confidence with every game.
I think the result of the last game will not matter as we will already have secured survival, if Slade had come two months earlier we could have been in the playoffs.
Imagine what could happen when Forster, Murray and McNutty are back.
I see the definite possibility of an unbeaten run, to possibly include a draw, for the rest of the season.
Gary Hart the catalyst which made it all happen, wrap him in cotton wool after every game and keep in a bullet proof case till 10 mins before kick off.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Crewe Stockport is a derby

Swindon Bristol rovers is a derby

Friday, 24 April 2009

Stockport 1 v 1 Crewe, 19:45

Saturday, 25 April 2009
Cheltenham 1 v 2 Carlisle, 15:00
Hartlepool 1 v 1 Leeds, 15:00
Huddersfield 2 v 1 Brighton, 15:00
Northampton 2 v 1 Hereford, 15:00
Swindon 2 v 2 Bristol Rovers, 12:00
Tranmere 2 v 1 Yeovil, 15:00

Brighton 2 v 0 Stockport, 15:00
Bristol Rovers 3 v 1 Hartlepool, 15:00
Carlisle 2 v 2 Millwall, 15:00
Crewe 1 v 1 Leicester, 15:00
Leeds 2 v 2 Northampton, 15:00