Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Reason.....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The reason we have gone for two relatively inexperianced players is because Dick Knight hasnt given MM any bloody decent money to spend, simple as that.

People are gonna have to realise we are broke and are scraping olong on shirt buttons. Coppel had no cash to spend and bought in a donkey called Henderson, are you telling me he wouldnt have got better if hed had the funds?

Also I dont think Dick knight even wants us to get promoted, there will be no extra cash if we do and well do even worse than last season with the squad we have got at the moment. I seriously think we have reached a level that DK wants us to remain at until Falmer, play off contenders and keep the fans reasonably happy.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh PLEASE shut up! How the *f**** do you know DK hasnt given MM any money? Are you Martin Perry in disguise?

And whats the bollocks about DK not wanting us to go up? He's BLATANTLY stated he wants a quick return to Div1 football.

Your post is complete crap, you and the other moaning lot should take some reality pills!

I would prefer a young new and upcoming striker on loan then some old hasbeen anyway.

DK hasn't spent money and it's got us in a much better position then all the clubs who relied on ITV digitial for money and spent beyond their needs.

Maybe you could all slate me come 5pm on Sat?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
another thing, DK has STATED that SC did'nt spend his seaons allocation of funds and that MM has that in his hands......HAH! in your FACE :p

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Yeeeerrrrr, In your face Albion Dan :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f*** SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a lot of teams play in a stadium that can only fit 7,000 and only take half (of that at the most) of the gate reciepts (A CLUBS PRIMARY SOURCE OF INCOME) and try to maintain a decent league position anyway. Find me a club that has done it and then we can talk about money matters. It would be stoopid to throw money at the club now, if we don't get Falmer we would be f***ed.

Please put forward a sensible business plan and tell us all what it is and then you can slate the Chairman, AGAIN.

When we get Falmer we can move forward, for the moment i am happy to watch the team at all.

IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY.
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
lol @ crabtree, nearly all of us know there is no money, get your head out of the f***ing sand mate! Coppell said there was no cash at the start of the season. If there was any cash wed have bought some players and not be relying on loanees!!! We have lost 2 of our best players (BZ and Brooker) and only replaced one of them. The squad is painfully thin yet even Coppel was reduced to patching it up with loanee kids.

And as for Dick Knight stating he wants us to go up, well of cousre he did you Muppett! What chairman, regardless of agenda would say they want the club to fail. If I was chairman I would also not want promotion until we had a ground that could support the level of football. Also I was stating an opinion on what I think Dick Knight wants, but alas, an opinion that doesnt go along with all the other sheep is branded utter crap!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt DK will lose sleep if we don't get promoted. It will make his job easier next season as long as we are somewhere near the top at the end of this year.

The negatives of promotion far outweigh the positives whilst we are still at Withdean.

That's not to say DK doesn't want promotion, but I feel he has more important things on his plate, not least funding Falmer.

Promotion can wait.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Okay Dan, for what reason would Knight want to remain in the 2nd division rather than the first.

Please tell me, pppllleeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh please....sheep? I prefer Goat...anyway:

Get my head out the sand - so who to believe, DK said there was funds available for MM, but no I'll believe you as you seem to know the financial state of the Albion!

Yeah fair enough every chairman would say that, true but do you know what he's thinking? can you read minds? NO...so how do you kow he was just saying that anyway?

Muppet? I have the punk version of Fraggle Rock if that means anything to you punk:

:p

P.S. I am not offeneded by being called a Muppet as I dont take things to heart :)

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
BrightonBird said:
I would prefer a young new and upcoming striker on loan then some old hasbeen anyway.

DK hasn't spent money and it's got us in a much better position then all the clubs who relied on ITV digitial for money and spent beyond their needs.

Maybe you could all slate me come 5pm on Sat?

slate or spit roast?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Okay Dan, for what reason would Knight want to remain in the 2nd division rather than the first.

Please tell me, pppllleeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee

Because, and this really is quite obvious:

We will remain a top div 2 side, there will be no demands or immediate requirement to spend a load of cash on squad strengthening, the financial rewards for us are actually better in Div 2 (Cheaper wages, same gate money), less pressure on him as we wont get beaten almost every other week!!!!

Is that enough reasons? Life would be much easier for DK if we stay in Div 2 till falmer, a blind man could see it!

Crabtree, I didnt say there were no funds, there quite obviously are as we have bought some loans in, I am just saying that the pot of cash is very limited indeed, surely you all realise this?

Im not even moaning about whos been bought in, well maybe Zesh, but am fully prepared to give yeats a fair crack. I am only saying the reasons we are going for inexperiance as I see them.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Because, and this really is quite obvious:

We will remain a top div 2 side, there will be no demands or immediate requirement to spend a load of cash on squad strengthening, the financial rewards for us are actually better in Div 2 (Cheaper wages, same gate money), less pressure on him as we wont get beaten almost every other week!!!!

Is that enough reasons? Life would be much easier for DK if we stay in Div 2 till falmer, a blind man could see it!

Right i see what you are getting at now. Better tv money in the 1st innit?

Away gate reciepts - 10% of 20,000 of 10% of 4,000, hmmmm. i just don't know which i'd prefer.

Cheaper wages - If our players have clauses that say they will get more money in the first i'll be surprised (not saying this isn't the case).

Anyway, he's brought in Mark McGhee who is a manager who has won this divicion twice before. I take it he did this because he isn't trying to get promoted?

Gary Nelson said:
slate or spit roast?

GN that is shocking!:ohmy:

Albion Dan, you have your own opinion and I for one am not in agreement, but that doesn't make your point any less valid. I think Fran and I are the only ones who think Roberts is better then Kuipers on this board, and I got a lot of stick off other posters myself.:)

Albion Rob

I think that we need to keep the purse strings tight, I would hate it if we were in the position of Leeds or Notts County, with no-one really stitching them up in the evil way Archer and Bellotti did to us, but with their chairmen getting over excited and taking big risks.

It is frustrating, but at the end of the day, we are in a decent enough position and DK doesn't want to risk the family silver on us ballsing it up and then being in the shit and dismantling a squad that may only just miss out and filling the team with kids.

And let's face it - as a club we are traditionall only a top 8 Division Two side/bottom 12 Division One side anyway, so as it stands we are at out level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here