Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The reason why Saturdays game didn't sell out...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
OK...For the Forest game, L&G sponsored the game and sold tickets for the Family Stand for £5 each. I believe Fishersgate Flyers also did something similar. However, saturday this did not happen.

I know of around 10 people that wanted to go again on saturday who are not 'regulars', but who just could not afford having to pay £25 for the kid for a quid and then another £10 for another child.

It is simple common sense..Do the club want to sell out every game and have an atmosphere at every home game like they did against Forest or do they want to play to a half empty ground like the Bristol City game?

Make the next Saturday game £5 to get into the family stands and £10 for other areas and the game will be a sell out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone see Bradford City's new season ticket promotion?

They've come up with a scheme whereby if 10,000 people pledge to take up the offer, they can buy season tickets for next year at £138, which works out at £6 per game.

Now whether they quite make the 10k mark is another question (apparently they've got about 5000 pledges so far, and if they get relegated, who knows), but what a brilliant and innovative bit of marketing. Even if you only went to half the matches, it would be worth the money, and a damn sight less than we're all paying at the Albion.

I hope they succeed, as it might finally cause the penny to drop with other clubs that people cannot be arsed to keep paying £20 plus to watch crap football every week.

:clap:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
edna krabappel said:
Anyone see Bradford City's new season ticket promotion?

They've come up with a scheme whereby if 10,000 people pledge to take up the offer, they can buy season tickets for next year at £138, which works out at £6 per game.

Now whether they quite make the 10k mark is another question (apparently they've got about 5000 pledges so far, and if they get relegated, who knows), but what a brilliant and innovative bit of marketing. Even if you only went to half the matches, it would be worth the money, and a damn sight less than we're all paying at the Albion.

I hope they succeed, as it might finally cause the penny to drop with other clubs that people cannot be arsed to keep paying £20 plus to watch crap football every week.

:clap:

The difference is that Valley Parade has a capacity of 25,000+.

Their average is 7,000 ish. Not exactly rocket science is it?

Withdean capacity is 8,850 and the average, slightly down this season, is around 6,000.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for that, I am quite aware that the Albion couldn't replicate that particular offer :rolleyes:

The point is, that Bradford are taking a lead that I hope other football clubs, not specifically the Albion, follow, in that football is way overpriced and will end up eating itself if it carries on at the rate it's going

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Supaseagull hasn't seen that the club have some VERY good offers for the next two Home matches.

Unfortunately, the offers once again focus on the East Stand. They forget that the 'South wings' are empty as well

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
The point is, that Bradford are taking a lead that I hope other football clubs, not specifically the Albion, follow, in that football is way overpriced and will end up eating itself if it carries on at the rate it's going

The Albion's pretty good at the moment at doing special offers, kids for a quid, 1997 prices etc. etc. although they appear to be hamstrung by a small percentage of whingeing STH gits into restricting the special offers to the East Stand.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tom Hark said:
The Albion's pretty good at the moment at doing special offers, kids for a quid, 1997 prices etc. etc. although they appear to be hamstrung by a small percentage of whingeing STH gits into restricting the special offers to the East Stand.

Speaking to Julie in the TO, the main issue STH's had regarding the " bring your mate and be depressed together" is that STH's wanted their mates to sit with them. The problem here is that how would this work in practice....ask another STH to move his/her seat to accomodate someone wanting to sit next to his/her mate?

It was always a non starter in the blocks A to J, therefore The east Stand was chosen, which would have suited everyone...but it didnt and you still got people whinging and whining.

The only way round this is to scrap all tickets for the games and have a free for all where you pay on the day and sit where you like on a first come first served basis.

trouble is that is not going to happen as we have this draconian shit placed upon us as a reuirement for playing at Withdean.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dave the Gaffer said:

trouble is that is not going to happen as we have this draconian shit placed upon us as a reuirement for playing at Withdean.

Amen to that Dave. It really is a millstone round our neck I feel.

I mean I cant see "hordes" of people turning up in leafy withdean trampling the flower beds at the moment...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It doesn't make commercial sense to be issuing or promoting heavily discounted tickets at the same time as issuing Season Ticket Renewal forms requesting £450-odd from the usual suspects.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
A full Withdean was rocking during the Forest game (literally, given that it's a Lego set). On Saturday, Bas could have performed his moonwalk in a suitable environment so scarce was the atmosphere.
When the players ran onto the pitch for the Forest match, they were visibly uplifted by the sight of a full and partisan Withdean. They must have been depressed when they took the field on Saturday and beheld empty seats in all parts of the ground.
Guy Butters said that the players were jaded on Saturday. Perhaps some fans were, too. Some were too jaded to turn up.

Lucky_C

Dec 15, 2006
Not Brighton, sadly.
with ticket prices around £25 each, is that much of a surprise?

And I fully applaud Bradford's initiative, I hope other clubs take it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here