Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Real Reason for the Slump

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I wondered if it was me buying the wrong pies, travelling to the ground the wrong way or wearing the wrong shirt but I have finally got to the bottom of the real reason why we have been playing so badly. And its time to name and shame, to get rid of the hoodoo before the Barnsley Game.

Tottenhamseagull bought a new Home shirt before the Donny game which he wore to every game and never washed and we were unbeaten, however prior to the Leicester game his baby son was sick on it and he washed it and look at what has happened.

This really cannot be a coincidence so we need to find a remedy, does anyone have any suggestions? Buy him a new shirt? Burn the shirt? Burn him?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
With Gwylan's lucky cat in mind I grabbed our black cat Daisy and sat him (yes he is a boy called Daisy) on my lap while listening to the second half of the Watford game. A complete waste of time.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wondered if it was me buying the wrong pies, travelling to the ground the wrong way or wearing the wrong shirt but I have finally got to the bottom of the real reason why we have been playing so badly. And its time to name and shame, to get rid of the hoodoo before the Barnsley Game.

Tottenhamseagull bought a new Home shirt before the Donny game which he wore to every game and never washed and we were unbeaten, however prior to the Leicester game his baby son was sick on it and he washed it and look at what has happened.

This really cannot be a coincidence so we need to find a remedy, does anyone have any suggestions? Buy him a new shirt? Burn the shirt? Burn him?

Misc-Burn_him.jpg

D

Deleted member 18477

get his baby to sick on it again... and then make him wear it WITH sick on it...

lol.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i have a lucky top that's been worn just twice this season... donny and peterborough at home. coincidence? taking no chances on sunday, the lucky top has already been recovered from the wardrobe in preparation.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
What a complete,selfish BASTARD!,he must burn.I would gladly stink of baby sick all season long if it meant we kept on winning,in fact I would wear it as a badge of honour.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
What a complete,selfish BASTARD!,he must burn.I would gladly stink of baby sick all season long if it meant we kept on winning,in fact I would wear it as a badge of honour.

HA! to be fair, I didn't know this would have such a detrimental effect on our fortunes on the pitch. I apologise. GUS - if you read this... I'm sorry.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
First chain him to a heavy object, then throw him off the Brighton Pier... if he sinks then so be it, if he floats then BURN HIM!!!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
ha! To be fair, i didn't know this would have such a detrimental effect on our fortunes on the pitch. I apologise. Gus - if you read this... I'm sorry.

burn

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
With Gwylan's lucky cat in mind I grabbed our black cat Daisy and sat him (yes he is a boy called Daisy) on my lap while listening to the second half of the Watford game. A complete waste of time.

I think you might mean our Meggy she has been missing from my room just lately to be replaced with one of the others she will be at the next game even if I have to tempt her with treats
my blue (lucky) teeshirt was thrown across the room on Saturday not washed for 2 seasons and has now been washed as it is not lucky at all,I of all people who has always said you make your own luck should know better.

so its listening to the commentary NAKED from now on that will frighten the fecking cat

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There was a thing on ITV4 last night following a group of Man City fans for a season. It was a bit OTT to be honest and I'm sure allot of it was put on for the cameras.

However they re-counted a lad who had traveled with them during their cup run in 81. His mum packed him a pork pie for a game (at Peterborough if memory recalls), shortly after he got it out to eat City scored so for every game during that cup run he took a pork pie. They drew the final against Spurs so decided the pork pie luck had run out. Consequently he didn't take one for the replay and City lost.

Not really sure what my point was but do you think I should get my mum to do me a packed lunch on Sunday?

Aug 26, 2011

If you want i'll have a balti pie before the game together with a few lagers.....there will definitely be some sick he could borrow for his shirt if interested?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
We were doing alright until I brought the new home shirt..

My one from last season with Poyet 8 on it won us the league OH and my old hair, I'm convinced it was..

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's actually my dad-in-law's fault. He bought the new home shirt. The first in 3 years, after the Liverpool game. He won't wear it to the games now :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here