Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REAL real fans test

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
THAT thread about REAL fans on the face of it irritated me initially. But I couldn't tell wether it was lighthearted or not. And after the week I've had on here making balls ups, I'm not in a position to comment.
Personally I've been to the millennium stadium to watch us get promoted and wembley to see us fail vs notts county. I've been involved in protests at the Gosldstone and rained on at the withdean. I've watched Victorys at the Amex and I've watched abject defeats at the Priestfield in the rain and come away with a cold and ear infection.
I'll others be my judge

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I've sat at Withdean watching us against the likes of Rushden & Diamonds. I went to Gillingham to watch some real shite, (Mansfield springs to mind for some reason). I remember travelling up from Plymouth to a freezing Goldstone for a night game against Cambridge. There are countless others like this.
I did not go to the 83 cup final, either game, I did not go the play off final against Notts County. I did not go to the Millenium stadium.
The nature of my work has caused me to miss all the big days (except Highbury 83). BUT...I get home on May 4th & can feel something big happening!

p.s. So glad I was home for the Donny home game. My best day ever following the Albion, I think!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Reading. Early 90s. Danny Baker on 5 live said Reading should be fined within an inch of their lives as we wore our away kit at a home game as they "forgot" theirs.

The memories hazy but I seem to remember that they turned up with an away kit of blue & yellow hoops and the ref called a colour clash.
I can only presume that they refused to wear our pink number.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I imagine you must be a boring person youself, and you stupid piece of 'insight' has nothing to do with anything either.
Try f***ing off a little, that might be more interesting.

Are you Swedish ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The memories hazy but I seem to remember that they turned up with an away kit of blue & yellow hoops and the ref called a colour clash.
I can only presume that they refused to wear our pink number.

Good call I think that was the case now. In sure it was 1992/1993.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I imagine you must be a boring person youself, and you stupid piece of 'insight' has nothing to do with anything either.
Try f***ing off a little, that might be more interesting.

Am intrigued how you get on in Stockholm, as have noticed over the years you come across as probably the angriest person on NSC!

Knowing Sweden, and the Swedes, as I do, have generally found them a calm/chilled/mature race (a few prats all countries have excepted) where English Mr Angrys dont tend to fit in? Are you married to one out of interest?

Or is NMH your angry alter ego and in the "real " world you are Swedish calmness personified?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I went to the two home games. Had to duck out of school early for the Walton and Hersham game because it was during the 3 day week and had to be played during daylight hours. I've got to say that the Bristol Rovers game was highly entertaining, 5-1 down at half-time. Warboys got 4 and Bannister got 3 for those who don't know.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No. Are you Portuguese?

The reason I asked was because of the spelling mistakes in that text and the construction of many of your sentences. I thought English might be your second language so please accept my apologies for my reply. I didn`t realise you were just a THICK TWAT.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
But surely the point is some fans have done all the big games (me me me me me ) and most/ some/ very few of the ones mentioned above. I cant see anything that says who has been the biggest glory hunter and ONLY done the big games? Anyway what does it matter as long as you want the Super Seagulls to win........you are a supporter!

Am intrigued how you get on in Stockholm, as have noticed over the years you come across as probably the angriest person on NSC!

Knowing Sweden, and the Swedes, as I do, have generally found them a calm/chilled/mature race (a few prats all countries have excepted) where English Mr Angrys dont tend to fit in? Are you married to one out of interest?

Or is NMH your angry alter ego and in the "real " world you are Swedish calmness personified?

Angry? I am calm and collected at all times. You just don't understand me, and when people demand a suitable reply to their unkind or unthoughtful statements - I calmy and gently call them wankers.
You are, in fact, a wanker.

I hope you appreciate me imparting my knowledge and experience - not everyone will tell you.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Angry? I am calm and collected at all times. You just don't understand me, and when people demand a suitable reply to their unkind or unthoughtful statements - I calmy and gently call them wankers.
You are, in fact, a wanker.

I hope you appreciate me imparting my knowledge and experience - not everyone will tell you.

Thanks. Very helpful.

A. Wanker

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
No, you are right - good spot!

Hove, actually - and raised just around the corner from The Goldstone Ground in Goldstone Villas.

I bet you're not even born within a couple of hundred yards of The Goldstone :facepalm:

I was born on the centre spot of the Goldstone at Half time of the Liverpool FA cup match. Terry Connor screamer, nice.

The reason I asked was because of the spelling mistakes in that text and the construction of many of your sentences. I thought English might be your second language so please accept my apologies for my reply. I didn`t realise you were just a THICK TWAT.

I was using my mobile telephone handset, the letters are a little small for my fingertips...which are a little calloused lately due to my having recently purchased a rather nice acoustic guitar that I pick up and practise on, frequently.

I trust this will receive your kind understanding, you unbelievably silly cvnt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here