Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REAL real fans test

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I once drove to Hereford, on my own, in the snow, for a midweek Freight Rover (or whatever the sponsor was then) game. I think we won 1-0.

Edit. Just found it on Internet. 10th Feb 1988, Sherpa Vans trophy. Got the score right!!

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
bournemouth autoglass trophy at the goldstone only 1600

missed a cracker we won 3-2

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Mansfield away Dec 92 won 3-1 does attending make me a better fan ? no!

I left my coat on the supporters coach though which makes me a twat!

We're all uberfans!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Seeing Brighton play a League match at the Goldstone in our away kit!!!

can anybody name the opposition we played when we did?

STUFF the "did you attend these BIG effing matches" that occur every 10 bloody years!

Did you attend the 83 Cup Final?
BIG DEAL, SO DID TENS OF THOUSANDS OF 'FANS' WHO NEVER WOULD DREAM OF A COLD WET WINDY TUESDAY EVENING AGAINST OLDHAM OR A MIDSEASON MIDTABLE CLASH VS YORK CITY!

What are these poll-starters thinking? "real fans" my arse.

i bet your not even born in brighton:facepalm:

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Barnsley away, 1989. Crap game, Keith Dublin sent off for nothing. Scrappy winner for Barnsley late on. Lost 1-0. Been there done that!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seeing Brighton play a League match at the Goldstone in our away kit!!!

can anybody name the opposition we played when we did?

Reading. Early 90s. Danny Baker on 5 live said Reading should be fined within an inch of their lives as we wore our away kit at a home game as they "forgot" theirs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Reading. Early 90s. Danny Baker on 5 live said Reading should be fined within an inch of their lives as we wore our away kit at a home game as they "forgot" theirs.

Is the correct answer

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bournemouth autoglass trophy at the goldstone only 1600

missed a cracker we won 3-2

Think that was nogans first goal for the club he was charging down the keeper amd turned his back as the keeper was kicking the ball and the keeper thumped it against nogans arse and in it went. Nogan then went on that mental scoring run. Up till that point he was having a drought.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think that was nogans first goal for the club he was charging down the keeper amd turned his back as the keeper was kicking the ball and the keeper thumped it against nogans arse and in it went. Nogan then went on that mental scoring run. Up till that point he was having a drought.

That was the one-goal scored at the south end of the ground-before that game Nogan looked like a real fish out of water-even Billy barn door could not be compared-well nearly

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
[MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION]rapper should have some footage.

We lost 1-0 I think :(

was 1-0 i was not very happy that day-i felt they should have at the very least played in our away kit,not us

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
STUFF the "did you attend these BIG effing matches" that occur every 10 bloody years!

Did you attend the 83 Cup Final?
BIG DEAL, SO DID TENS OF THOUSANDS OF 'FANS' WHO NEVER WOULD DREAM OF A COLD WET WINDY TUESDAY EVENING AGAINST OLDHAM OR A MIDSEASON MIDTABLE CLASH VS YORK CITY!

What are these poll-starters thinking? "real fans" my arse.

Amazing what Stockholm will do to people. Most boring city I've ever been to.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Same season or near that time we played Middlesbrough at home in a night game,has to be the windiest game i ever remember-seriously thought a roof might come of one of the stands or a floodlight might fall over

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I once drove to Hereford, on my own, in the snow, for a midweek Freight Rover (or whatever the sponsor was then) game. I think we won 1-0.

Edit. Just found it on Internet. 10th Feb 1988, Sherpa Vans trophy. Got the score right!!
I was there too:wave:

(it is my closest ground though!)

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
How many can claim to have done the ' fortnight from hell '
We had the best management team in the country ( Clough and Taylor ) and yet in barely two weeks we......
1) Lost 8-2 at home to Bristol Rovers ( a club record )
2) Drew 0-0 away at Walton and Hersham ( non-league ) put the shutters up and should have lost.
3) Lost an afternoon replay to NON-LEAGUE WALTON AND HERSHAM 4-0 AT THE GOLDSTONE!
4) Lost 4-1 away to Tranmere and it should have been ten!
Happy Days!!!

and the bloody cane for bunking off school for the Walton replay !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here