Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REAL real fans test

STUFF the "did you attend these BIG effing matches" that occur every 10 bloody years!

Did you attend the 83 Cup Final?
BIG DEAL, SO DID TENS OF THOUSANDS OF 'FANS' WHO NEVER WOULD DREAM OF A COLD WET WINDY TUESDAY EVENING AGAINST OLDHAM OR A MIDSEASON MIDTABLE CLASH VS YORK CITY!

What are these poll-starters thinking? "real fans" my arse.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You Sir, need one of these. It's hardly a serious thread.

take-a-chill-pill.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
STUFF the "did you attend these BIG effing matches" that occur every 10 bloody years!

BIG DEAL, SO DID TENS OF THOUSANDS OF 'FANS' WHO NEVER WOULD DREAM OF A COLD WET WINDY TUESDAY EVENING AGAINST OLDHAM OR A MIDSEASON MIDTABLE CLASH VS YORK CITY!

How many games have you been to this year ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
How many can claim to have done the ' fortnight from hell '
We had the best management team in the country ( Clough and Taylor ) and yet in barely two weeks we......
1) Lost 8-2 at home to Bristol Rovers ( a club record )
2) Drew 0-0 away at Walton and Hersham ( non-league ) put the shutters up and should have lost.
3) Lost an afternoon replay to NON-LEAGUE WALTON AND HERSHAM 4-0 AT THE GOLDSTONE!
4) Lost 4-1 away to Tranmere and it should have been ten!
Happy Days!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Muppet

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I went to a game once in the middle of my very own 'fortnight from hell'. Any good?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
How about who was at the Brighton v Barnet game on Bonfire Night 1997? Lowest ever home crowd!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The real test is can you throw a shoe over the North stand......that's the REAL test.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I once went to Gillingham(Home) and Fulham away on my own to watch Brighton-that takes dedication...to stand alone among the crowd-real fans do this :lolol: or those that have no friends

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I once went to Gillingham(Home) and Fulham away on my own to watch Brighton-that takes dedication...to stand alone among the crowd-real fans do this :lolol: or those that have no friends

Eh? I went home and away for years on my own :billynomates:

My worst recollection in that time was an away defeat at Birmingham. I'm sure it was Bailey era top division and we took one coach and about 8 on the train. Those of us on the train had to run all the way to New Street after the game......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Eh? I went home and away for years on my own :billynomates:

My worst recollection in that time was an away defeat at Birmingham. I'm sure it was Bailey era top division and we took one coach and about 8 on the train. Those of us on the train had to run all the way to New Street after the game......

fair enough-but it does show that if you are a real fan,no drink or company is required(although it can be argued to help) perhaps-fair do's

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

I attend all games on my own - dedication or no friends mmmmmmmmmm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here